Well, I got burned buying an ebay knockoff.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How screwed am I

• Yeah, you are screwed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bend over and grab your ankles

• You just dropped the soap and your cell mate is named bubba

• Total voters
MIJvintage said:
He should also be refunding the cost of return shipping since the item was misrepresented

True, he should. But it is just possible that he didn't know that what he sold was a fake. Either way, rushing into leaving negative feedback would not have helped the buyer, and it's the buyer we're all concerned with here.

Even if he loses out on the return shipping, he's still getting his money back, and he's learned a harsh lesson that life isn't fair, & you have to be very careful when buying guitars secondhand and/or via the internet. It happens to us all at some point, & we emerge as wiser people.

It still sounds like a better than expected outcome to me.

stratman323 said:
MIJvintage said:
He should also be refunding the cost of return shipping since the item was misrepresented

True, he should. But it is just possible that he didn't know that what he sold was a fake. Either way, rushing into leaving negative feedback would not have helped the buyer, and it's the buyer we're all concerned with here.

Even if he loses out on the return shipping, he's still getting his money back, and he's learned a harsh lesson that life isn't fair, & you have to be very careful when buying guitars secondhand and/or via the internet. It happens to us all at some point, & we emerge as wiser people.

It still sounds like a better than expected outcome to me.

Maybe the seller was ignorant, & then again maybe he wasn't..............sure sounds like he was certain in that listing though...........

Yes, wait until you know if you are going to receive the actual help from the seller, that you deserve; hopefully the seller will do the right thing.

eBay feedback is there for a reason & you do have basically 90 days to decide to use it, or not.............

It would be nice if he refunds the shipping. However, I'll choose (correct or not) to believe that it was a honest mistake on his part, get my money back, and chock the $50 up to a lesson learned the hard way. Life is to short to stress about every nickel and dime. :)

stratmoto said:
This came up recently:-

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9821

Sorry to hear. It seems that there are more folk willing to dud the unsuspecting.

But some people are honest. I coincidentally found out that the guy who sold it to the guy I was buying from was somebody I know. I bought a stompbox just a few months ago from this guy.

He didn't know it was a fake when he sold it, but he agreed to buy it back.

Back