• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vintage Marshall Super Lead

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveDoG

Reaction score
Have an old style Marshall Super Lead for sale. Bit battered cosmetically and has the name *Mel Galley* stenciled on the rear of the head.. Would therefore assume it belonged to the guitarist from Trapeze/Whitesnake at some time in its' history...

Not sure of the exact year of manufacture as can't seem to find the letter code after the serial number... However it is the old style fascia and knobs and the power lead has been converted to a modern kettle lead at some point..

Obviously given its' weight shipping is going to be an issue, so anyone interested in it PM me and i will endeavour to sort out some proper pics for it..Obviously, for security reasons,, am loathe to hand out the serial number in a public forum..

I am situated in the English Midlands...

Okies, a bit more info.... The serial number is actually a moot point.... On the chassis it is stamped with a 5 figure number but the service sticker only has a four figure number and the letter F. This means it was built in 1974, quite possibly for Mel Galley, to order.

What is more the Mark II sticker is actually just a little Mrk II done with one of those dyna tape machines and stuck below the Super lead Logo on the rear panel. That would suggest it wasn't from a typical factory run and built for a specific person...

Price at the moment is simple. Bought as is and in need of a re-valve and bias ?550 ono

Am trying to sort the pictures out will post some asap..

Latest posts

Back