Very weird find : LS150 with oil finish

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donkey Oaty

Reaction score
This needs some further checking out, but here is the basic info.

I got a call from a friend last night who has just bought a 2005 Tokai LR LS150. It's a genuine bonafide Tokai, I've done all the usual checks ( pickup cavitys, control cavity etc ). All exactly the same as my 2005 LS150.

Heres the twist, it's oil finish and has never seen any form of paint.

The story :

Bought from a guy who claims he was installing air extraction systems close to Hamamatsu in Japan back in early 2006. There are photos of him holding the guitar outside the Tokai factory and inside. I dont know if the seller was working in the Tokai plant, but he states he asked for an unfinished LS150 that he saw being made prior to going in the finishing area and Tokai agreed.
The guitar was finished in some kind of sealer/oil finish and really does look nice. It's got a really nice 4A ( from my experience or flame tops ) top.

It was brought back into the UK and has hardly been used.

Now .............knowing how this forum works, I should guess there will now be a debate on this : LOL !

So I am pointing out, that I am just the messenger who has seen the guitar ( and having owned shed loads of LS150's over the years ) can confirm that it is an LS150. Plus I have seen photos of this guy holding the Guitar in the Tokai plant .

Latest posts

Back