Tokai ST-50ag strat

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
prudd said:
Philw said:
prudd said:
"
I can't find much info on the net about these apart from them been sold in the UK for 699pound
"

?699 is for the standard TST 50 with a 3 piece body, the 'Mary Kaye' Blonde with Gold hardware is ?899 and is a 2 piece body.
Thats nice to know that works out in New Zealand dollars at $1747.00.A MIA Standard Fender Strat retails here for around $1900 mark.

It seems that everything is more expensive here in the UK :cry:

Here are a couple of pics of my Mary Kaye TST:

tstmarykaye003.jpg

tstmarykaye015.jpg

tstmarykaye007.jpg

tstmarykaye012.jpg

Its a beautifull guitar, superbly made and sounds great, to be honest though Im struggling getting used to the maple neck, so not sure if Im going to keep hold of it or not. Im just so used to rosewood I suppose.
I would hold on to it,I have been told these are a limited run of tokai's but thats what been told to me.Where i brought my one from they only imported 2 Mary Kaye's into New Zealand so I'm holding onto mine for awhile yet.I've always liked the maple neck's have you thought about swapping the neck for a rosewood,keeping the maple if you ever decide to sell it later on.Going by your photos is your one missing the serial number too???.

I would hold on to it,I have been told these are a limited run of tokai's but thats what been told to me.Where i brought my one from they only imported 2 Mary Kaye's into New Zealand so I'm holding onto mine for awhile yet.I've always liked the maple neck's have you thought about swapping the neck for a rosewood,keeping the maple if you ever decide to sell it later on.Going by your photos is your one missing the serial number too???.

cant find any serial numbers on mine either Phil, its marked exactly the same as yours under the pickgaurd. Good idea about the rosewood neck, never thought of that, playing it earlier today and realised that its also the 'vintage' frets that are making it hard to get on with, everything else Ive got has got medium to heavy frets. Have to say though I am warming to it the more I play it, sounds great, the p/ups are much better (IMO) than what I remember of the ones in an 80's Goldstar I once owned.

Latest posts

Back