Tokai Springy Sound, ST100-57 2SB, 2010 model

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been other posts on this. As usual it's hard to get reliable information on exactly what Tokai are up to. That Springy seems to have a slightly modified headstock shape. However, in the UK, there have been a few MIJ Goldstars & Breezys with the "correct" headstock shape on sale (I bought a Breezy ATE50). And Diamond has had some for sale in South Africa too.

The most popular theory seems to be that Tokai have lost the Fender Japan contract (why?) so they are now taking the risk of producing Fender clones again. But that might be completely wrong - we just don't know. And I doubt if Tokai are going to tell us what they're up to!

Mike

that's a decent price, no? and it's new, right? why is it based in germany but on us ebay? :-? EDIT: I just noticed, it seems to be a private listing and it says the seller doesn't accept returns. :-?

Here's another one,seller is a german musicstore and he offers several tokais in the bay

http://cgi.ebay.de/TOKAI-ST-100-57-2-tone-sunb-Made-Japan-NEU-/380235706262?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Gitarren&hash=item5887d06f96

Take a look at the price difference and consider it is euros against dollars even...if I would like to buy one I would ask the guy we think it is togps to ask for shipping to germany :wink:

I asked the seller if he would sell and ship to germany,answer is no... :evil:
that's sad,especially as he is located in germany...anyway,I prefer to buy from normal guys and pay a little more instead of buying from such strange people

Just to check, you asked togps if he'd ship to germany and he said no, or you asked that other store you linked to if they'd ship to germany and they said no?

But yeah, that's a lot more. At togps' (or who we assume is togps, anyway :lol: ) prices, I'd consider one. At 995 euro, not so much. EDIT: just wondering, maybe those prices to the USA don't include VAT? THat might explain the very reasonable prices...

Can't say for certain if that is or isn't Togps, but I can say that it's not the eBay name he was using to sell the Anniversaries at the end of last year, and that he didn't have any problem with shipping to Australia.

On the other hand, the photos are definitely from his website, and from memory Togps is also in Aalen.

Check his previous auctions too :wink:
If it's togps he could also be the right guy to buy a bottle of chianti :lol:

stratman323 said:
There have been other posts on this. As usual it's hard to get reliable information on exactly what Tokai are up to. That Springy seems to have a slightly modified headstock shape. However, in the UK, there have been a few MIJ Goldstars & Breezys with the "correct" headstock shape on sale (I bought a Breezy ATE50). And Diamond has had some for sale in South Africa too.

The most popular theory seems to be that Tokai have lost the Fender Japan contract (why?) so they are now taking the risk of producing Fender clones again. But that might be completely wrong - we just don't know. And I doubt if Tokai are going to tell us what they're up to!

Mike

Hmmmm....Last year I noticed that the new Fender Japan once again are "made in Japan". Could be that someone else is building Fender Japan.

Ah, and also Fender Japan introduced some new models. The all so super kawaii Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck Telecasters :D

Koubayashi said:
Hmmmm....Last year I noticed that the new Fender Japan once again are "made in Japan". Could be that someone else is building Fender Japan.

Yep, I saw that and wondered as well. My guess would be that the contract has moved on to another manufacturer.

So, we should be seeing some action from Tokai on the Fender copies, maybe?

JVsearch said:
Koubayashi said:

Yep, I saw that and wondered as well. My guess would be that the contract has moved on to another manufacturer.

Yeah, Fender Japan is now made by Dyna Gakki..... that's where my custom order Jeff Beck Tele-Gib came from

marcusnieman said:
JVsearch said:
Koubayashi said:

Yeah, Fender Japan is now made by Dyna Gakki..... that's where my custom order Jeff Beck Tele-Gib came from

Thanks Marcus, easy as that - question answered!

So it's pretty much common knowledge among those who have bought a new Fender Japan guitar recently?
There's no chance that custom made ones might come from another shop?

Even when Tokai had the contract, I thought they were only making some of the FJ guitars, with another company making the rest. Or did I get that wrong?

Back