Tokai made Burny, Paging Japanstrat

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWOBHM

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is a Tokai made Burny. I know Japanstrat has posted before on here about the neck pickup routes for the adjustment screws being large and square with a diagonal wiring chanel. My 85' Love rock has the exact same routes and long tenon. It also has a Tokai serial number. I kinda killed 2 birds with one stone. I love my old Burny's but, was wanting to get a late model Tokai. So, with Ebay's 8% off coupon I got a pretty good deal on it. :) http://imageevent.com/chingo123/january2009/burnylpssbflame3923

Nice one! :D

That's a great looker, I was watching it myself, and wondering... oh well!
I hope it plays as good as it looks, please let us know about the tone and playability when you have it in hand.

Well, the seller assured me it was a good one and every bit as good as the older 80's models. I trust him on this, has not been wrong yet! :D

Yeah, I wasn't trying to get you worried, but hey, you can buy a Gibson Historic and find out it's a tone turd! This is pretty rare though, and from what I've learned here, it's even rarer for a Japanese made guitar to be crap!

Besides, guitars can usually be fixed if there's anything wrong with 'em.

Looks like a Tokai made one to me. The 2 main things i see are the neck tenon offset to the left and the rounded tip on it and the square shaped routes in the pickup cavities.

Mick

Yes it's made by Tokai in Japan. Tokai have distinct routers that do the square hole pickup cavity thing. Out of all the Korean, Chinese and Japanese pickup cavities that I've seen, none of them have the square routing holes at the bottom of the pickup cavities except for Tokai Japan made guitars.

JVsearch said:
Nice one! :D

That's a great looker, I was watching it myself, and wondering... oh well!
I hope it plays as good as it looks, please let us know about the tone and playability when you have it in hand.
Got the guitar in 2 days from Japan! :D Gotta love EMS. The nut has been changed, it might be bone. It sounds great! Very alive, resonant. The action was extremely low, I had to raise it some and it's still really low. I guess these are the latest version of the VH1. There resistance is 7.91-7.92K. Sound pretty good, There not Holmes but, they cop the PAF vibe well. Honestly, these are as good as any older Burny or Tokai I've had. I'm glad I pulled the trigger on this one, it's actually nicer, soudwise than the 87' Burny I bought a month earlier. I'm not really too surprised it's a good one but, pleasantly :wink:

Latest posts

Back