Tokai LS125F

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seho10

Reaction score
Hi everyone !!

I can buy a Tokai LS125F for 1000 euro

I wanna know is that a good price?

And how's the sound of this guitar ?
And with what kind of gibson can i compare it?

Thnx for the answers !

If it is new.. it is a good price... I have a LS125F, which cost me new around 1000 euros last year.. if it is a second hand guitar, then the price is not so good...

I don?t know to which Gibson you can compare.. it is a Tokai, not a Gibson.. and you will not find a Gibson with similar specs (beginning with the fact that the flame top on the LS125F is a veneer, something that Gibsons don?t have)... pickups and electronics are different too..

As for mine.. unplugged it has a very good sound.. very deep and resonant.. very woody.. good sustain. Will change the pickups and electronics someday, as I?m not 100% happy with it... but for the time being, they are good enough, as I?m more of a strat player anyway... sp I end up not playing the Tokai that much

8)

Hi !

Yes its a new one.

Its the lemon drop top but is that ok that its veneer?

And are there real bad points on this guitar?

Bad points? Well.. mine?s quite nice.. on par with the build quality of a good Gibson Standard... my luthier (who is a very good one) said it was better than a great number of Gibsons that went through his hands... so that?s to say something...

A venner is a paper thin top glued on the solid maple top.. some people will say it does affect tone.. but.. so many different things can affect tone.. and the veneer is what it is.. very very thin.... In my opinion, a guitar will not sound bad because of having a veneer or not.. no difference in my ears.. The only negative part of a veneer that I can think of is that if, for any reason in the future, you decide to refinish the guitar (something I don?t think of doing), you might have problems taking off the paint, due to the risk of going through the venner..

My LS125F is not a perfect guitar.. it came with a few flaws in the nitro, because it seems the nitro was not well cured when it was shipped from the factory.. it ended up with small marks in the nitro (not the paint) due to the contact with the case interior. Not a big deal.. and it can?t be seen unless you look very well, and only in certain angles :lol:. But is sounds great for a Les Paul type of guitar so I soon forgot that.... it?s tone is very deep and woody. Love it.. it would be difficult to find a better guitar for 1000 euros..

As for real bad points.... you know.. every guitar is unique.. I can?t tell if a guitar is a good one, without trying it first. That?s the best advice I can give you.. try it first if you can...

Ok thnx for your answers.

I have another few questions

it have a thick neck?

And how is the sustain on your tokai?

Latest posts

Back