tokai ls with dowel tenor and tokai routing ????

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muccax

Reaction score
hi
saw this one ,,,,, it has the dowel tenor and tokai routing :eek: :eek:
serial number 0100688
never seen that before ,,,, has anyone seen one like this ?
http://imageevent.com/chingo123/february2012/tokailoverockls50csb1062?p=34&n=1&m=-1&c=4&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2
all the best
otto

Classic ink stamp serial number features (cheaper, non-Tokai construction).

-Heel cap
-Dowel neck joint
-Short tenon

hi
yes i know that part :D :D
but have you ever seen a doweled neck with the tokai routing in the pickup cavity ????? ... as far as i have seen they look like greco routing in the pickup cavity :D
all the best
otto

hi
i can not find the picture ,,,, but i am pretty sure i have seen one with greco routing ... and did belive it was the way that they were made ... not with the tokai routing in the pickup cavity
all the best
otto

hi jacco
see here
http://www.k4.dion.ne.jp/~yjibika/en_1980TokaiLS60.html

a tokai with greco routing :D :D
all the best
otto

That reminds me of my Bison guitar with the rougher routing...perhaps some Fujigens were made for Tokai?

I think I may have owned this guitar. Need to check my records. It was a great sounding one - is it for sale? It went to the US a couple of years ago. The neck joint was the same - no issues there at all.

muccax said:
a tokai with greco routing :D :D
all the best
otto

Hi Otto,

That Mr Yamauchi channel cutout is consistent with all Tokai wire channel cutouts.

I have seen a few inkies with the square end tabs.
I think it's more a case of Tokai Nagano routing omissions, rather than a copy of the Fujigen routing style (which do have narrower oval end tabs).

There are often no "Inkie" pickup cavity end cutouts, because Gotohs were the main pickup used, (since all inkies are LS-50 and 60 models), and Gotohs are shallow pickups without ears, that don't require end cutouts. The down side of this, is that pickup swaps are limited or difficult.

At the main Hamamatsu plant, pickups were varied with some Gotohs, some 57 PAFs, and Dimarzios, and most had the deeper pickup ear designs, so all pickup end routs were cut. I don't know why long tenon routs were ever cut on vintage Tokais, and neither did Nagano plant techs apparently. :)

Cheers !

Back