Tokai les paul Junior TJ80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangejr

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Friday my Tokai is arrived to my home.
The service of tokaiguitar.de was perfect, keep in mind that Gottfried sent me the guitar before to receive the payment... really impressed!
I am also waiting for a small gift... I will talk about it once the little box will be to my home!

BTW I am impressed by this guitar!
colour is fantastic, it is 2 pieces body and the P90 is not noisy at all!
I tryed this just at home on my fender frontman 25r.
Next week I am curious to test it in the practice room on my orange AD30r...
I can't wait.

The only things that I don't really like are the bridge and the tuners. they work but they look so cheap and... chinese ;)

OK guys, I will get back to you with other impression day by day, I am feeling in love with this baby and she is surprising me with the wide range of sounds that is able to offer playing with tone and volume!
hereby some pictures, not the best pics ever but I promise I will post better ones in the next few days!

I would really apreciate if someone else would post pics of his junior les paul!
I am sure that mojoburst will do that!

DSCN2953.jpg

DSCN2977.jpg

DSCN2972.jpg

and thi is the colour with a proper light! nice cherry!!!
DSCN2956.jpg

DSCN2962.jpg

DSCN2960.jpg

The tuners look American to me...what do Chinese tuners look like? :D

Cool guitar, all the best with it.

Diamond said:
The tuners look American to me...what do Chinese tuners look like? :D

You mean like the Japanese Gotoh tuners used on American guitars? :lol:

There are some cheap copies around, and funnily enough, they kind of look the same except slightly more bulky looking, and they have some plastic parts inside the mechanism somewhere, so they wear out quicker... :-?

Mine is from 2000 and has silver tuners, i have since switched bridges to a faber one.

2mcftps.jpg

brokentoes said:
Mine is from 2000 and has silver tuners, i have since switched bridges to a faber one.

very nice guitar man!
my first choice was a tv yellow...
unfortunately I was not able to find one!
and to be honest mojoburst corrupted me with his pictures of 2 fantastic cherry!
What is your opinion on the faber bridge?
I am going to change mine with a faber one!

I can't wait to practice with this junior on Thursday!

To be honest i didn't find the tokai one to be horrible, but i came into a bit of money and then the Canadian dollar was at par with the U.S. so i bought a compensated aluminum tailpiece and i love it.

brokentoes said:
so i bought a compensated aluminum tailpiece and i love it.

mine is arrived yesterday to my parents house...
Maybe in the weekend I will replace the tokai with this one.
Is it a difficult operation?
It is my first time with a wrap around bridge and I am not sure that I will be able to reach the right action, intonation and so on!

It's not difficult at all. I'm guessing you can get one from Germany, since you are in Italy. I'd suggest you go for new posts as well, i forgot to mention that i also did this to my TJ. Now these really make a difference in my opinion, coupled with new tone locking posts a new bridge/tailpiece is a beauty combination.

All tokai parts should be ordered in Metric.

Here's the link for the tailpiece.
http://www.tokaiguitar.de/produktdetail.php?id=16

Here's the link to the tone-lock posts.
http://www.tokaiguitar.de/produktdetail.php?id=15

Now i'm not sure about your tuners, mine is from 2000 when the series was still TJ60 and it came to me second hand with silver style tuners, if you figure your tuners are bunk perhaps i'd start there. Also if you guitar is brand new you might want to take some time to break her in first, guitars have a way of settling down after a while.

brokentoes said:
Also if you guitar is brand new you might want to take some time to break her in first, guitars have a way of settling down after a while.

Yes!
You are right, guitar is brand new, but I am lucky and both the tailpiece and the tone-lock posts that you suggested to me are in a box at home...

Regarding the tuners, they just look cheap, but they seem to work fine... I have to play the guitar for a while before to have a proper idea of the upgrade needed!
the bridge was delivered free of charge so...

Enjoy !!!!!

I really recommend putting the tone lock kit on when you feel the time is right.

Here's mine. '08 TJ85 one piece body,Shed P90 The Mutz Nutz, alubridge is from togps, slightly aged by the former owner Big Ed.
P1010671.jpg

http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s254/settebello2/TJ85/

Volker

Hi Volker!
I really like your tj85!

I am now looking for an hard case, which brand is yours?
does the guitar fit well inside?

orangejr said:
Hi Volker!
I really like your tj85!

Thank you. :D
The case is the same as that one,it fit very well in.
http://cgi.ebay.de/Canada-Case-Koffer-for-Gibson-Les-Paul-New-/270590377897?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Allgemeines_Musikinstrumente_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item3f00717fa9

Volker

Back