Tokai lc-85s bbe

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juiceman

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I just ordered my first Tokai guitar, a Tokai lc-85s bbe. Can't wait untill the end of the month when I'll get my hands on it!! According to Finnish Tokai dealer, it's a limited edition guitar, and I was wondering if it's produced for Finnish markets only, since I can't find any information about this guitar elsewhere?!

This beauty features:
# BODY: Quilted Maple+Maple Top / Mahogany back
# NECK: Oil Finished Mahogany One-Piece Set-Neck
# FINGERBOARD: Ebony, JUMBO Frets
# BRIDGE: LS-VB Bridge, LS-VT Tailpiece
# PICKUPS: PAF-Vintage MK2 x 2
# CONTROLS: 2 x V., 2 x T., 3-way Switch
# COLOR: BB (Black)

On the Internet I've only found information about the "basic" lc-85 model. So far I've found the lc-85s bbe model only on Finnish dealer's site.

Anyway, It's a great guitar. I really liked the chunky neck and the oil finish on it. When I was testing it in the local guitar shop, the pickups were a real suprise, since I didn't expect much. The sound of the mk2's was good, and what I really liked was that I could so easily control the amount of the amp's distorsion by just rolling the volume and tone knobs without sacryfising the overall quality of the sound. It was so easy to go from bluesy crunch to screaming distorsion and everything between that and still the tone stayed clear all the time and didn't go blurry. I haven't yet played it with my own amp though, but I think they'll work just fine together, since I tested the guitar with a Peavey JSX and my own is a Peavey Triple xxx.

Well, that's it for now. I'll get back to this in couple of weeks when I have played the guitar for a while and I can tell you more about it. If you guys have some more information about this guitar or your own experiences, I would be clad to hear from you!

Hi Juiceman,

I think the only differerence with the lc85s compared to the lc85 is the maple top.

See link
http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/products/vintage/lc/lc85s/lc85ss.html

Maybe the e after bb (for black) means ebony fretboard - perhaps someone else can advise on this.

Dave

I agree that the "E" probably stands for ebony fingerboard since the normal LC85S BB (I have one) has a rosewood fingerboard.

Thanks for the replies!

I quess I didn't make my guestion clear, sorry about that. My bad. I know that the "BB" stands for the black colour and the "E" for ebony. What I really ment was, that is this specific model available anywhere else than in Finland? I know that the lc-85 is available widely, but what about this "BBE" model with the ebony fretboard and the oiled neck?

(sorry if you can't understand what I mean. It's been a while since I have written anything in english :D )

Latest posts

Back