Tokai headstock shape in the UK market

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangejr

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first topic, I hope that I am in the right section.
I am thinking of buying a TJ78 les paul junior.
I have read somewhere on the net that the Tokai guitars on the UK market have a different headstock shape. Is it true?
I would like to place an order from a shop in UK but I want the standard tokai/gibson shape.

thanks for all of your answers

Here's an example of each type of headstock. I don't really notice the difference.

IMG_1550.jpg

Mike

Thank you for the pic Mike, I am now able to notice the small difference!
Do you know if that shape is for all the guitars that you can find in the european market or it is a specific for the UK ones?
For example are the Tokai for the german market with the "correct" headstock shape?

thanks again

I'll let someone else answer that. I suspect the answer is "it depends....".

orangejr said:
Thank you for the pic Mike, I am now able to notice the small difference!
Do you know if that shape is for all the guitars that you can find in the european market or it is a specific for the UK ones?
For example are the Tokai for the german market with the "correct" headstock shape?

thanks again

I have seen these extra dimples only in the guitars marketed in UK. You can buy Tokais without dimples at least from Finland, Germany, Poland.

Matti

mattim said:
You can buy Tokais without dimples at least from Finland, Germany, Poland.

Hi Matti!
how is the weater in Helsinki?
I will be there next month for work! I really like your city!

do you know shops or distributor that are able to sell and deliver in Italy from Poland or Finland?

thanks

Latest posts

Back