TOKAI BLOWOUT

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called coda and they had no jap SG's in stock, this really pees me of when they advertise and dont have any stock!!! :evil:

At least you guys (allegedly) have LS150's on the way....Ishibashi checked for me again today was told by Tokai that they are out of LS150's, have been out, and have no plans to build anymore in the near future if at all...

Steve E

mlivingstone said:
Given that the SEB models are able to use cheaper materials (presumably) perhaps Tokai are clearing the decks to supply only SEBs apart from the very high end models where there would be sufficient margins to cover top spec materials?
Nope, no conspiracy here... :wink: I've posted some pages of the new catalog, and the SEB versions are only an option mentioned on the first two pages, the rest is the same as ever. The problem is that some UK shops don't know the difference or at least don't mention it, so some models are advertized as being a normal version while they are SEB.

Hans-J?rgen wrote

Nope, no conspiracy here... I've posted some pages of the new catalog, and the SEB versions are only an option mentioned on the first two pages, the rest is the same as ever. The problem is that some UK shops don't know the difference or at least don't mention it, so some models are advertized as being a normal version while they are SEB.

No conspiracy H-J just good business economics.

Mark

Krameree wrote:
I called coda and they had no jap SG's in stock, this really pees me of when they advertise and dont have any stock!!!

That is crazy, why advertising when you have nothing on stock...

Anyway, I ordered an SG75 last week at Ishibashi?s. I just have been advised that they will get them in tomorrow (so these are probably the 1st new 2006 Tokai?s to arrive there) and they will ship it right away.

60.000,- Yen for the guitar and 16.000,- for the shipping, so maybe that?s an idea...

Regards Kappie

76,000 Yen is approximately ?370

Yep but don?t forget the import tax. In Holland for example it is probably around 20-25% of the value of the guitar. I cannot exactly remember with my previous guitars (I tend to forget), but it sure felt like being ripped off when you have to pay for it while picking up your guitar in the postoffice... OK normally you also pay for it but it is already included so you tend not to notice...

Kappie

krameree said:
I called coda and they had no jap SG's in stock, this really pees me of when they advertise and dont have any stock!!! :evil:

Krameree - If you want to mail me back, I'm sure we can come to some sort of agreement - [email protected] - did you get the pics I sent you?

Re my LS150 and case : Coda have now sorted it out to my complete satisfaction. Both Doug at Coda and Bob and the UK distributors have been very helpful. Anyone concerened about price; what's included or stock availability/delivery should just give them a call. I'm sure they'll be glad to help.

Cheers Mark

what does seb mean
whats the difference??
does it sound better or worse
are they cheaper or more expensive

Just a warning: don't convert this forum into a comercial (shop adverts) please. I feel this is the direction this is heading to.....

drucker said:
what does seb mean
whats the difference??
does it sound better or worse
are they cheaper or more expensive
There is a lot of information available on the main site (extra catalog, reviews by Ned and me) and in the forum which you will find with the search tool. :wink:

SEB = Sound Effect Body
not better/worse, different
similar prices, see the extra catalog for available models

Luis wrote

Just a warning: don't convert this forum into a comercial (shop adverts) please. I feel this is the direction this is heading to.....

Not intended Luis. I alerted everyone to the sale for obvious reasons but having raised doubts about the deal on offer I felt it only fair to report that any problems were sorted. Won't mention it again.

Mark

Down to their last one in stock. I just got a Wine Red LS-150 from there, with case. Depending on the neck size, I may move this on at cost. I prefer chunky necks so if this one is a standard profile......opinion seems divided over newer LS-150 necks - some say chubby some say standard.
Any LS-150 owners care to give a definitive answer?

Not as chunky as a 50's LP but not as slim as a 60's just a nice in between
shape.
Definately more a "C" shape than "D", it does feel narrower at the nut than a Gibby but that could just how I remember the Gibson LP's that Iv'e owned.

Les

Latest posts

Back