Tokai Beauty of the Burst

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!!! Nice one Mick

A Beauty with a 1 piece top by the looks, fantastic mate!!

With only 6 made....real nice....a very special guitar

8) 8) 8) 8)

Ok, now that I finally understood how that picture uploading works, here is my LS320VF (Ex-Villager, I think?):

320003.jpg

The double whites and the mounted PG make the look complete imo.

guitarslinger said:
HOLY F**K - that is a stunning guitar. Like the visuals.

Almost a flame/quilt hybrid in the middle...absolutely stunning.

Nice you like it :D
And yes, the top is really something special, from one angle you see quilted maple, then from another angle it's flame maple, from another angle it's both and sometimes you see nothing but the usual wood graining. An interesting top. When I first saw it, I just thought that this is too much of everything with all that quilt and flame, something you wouldn't expect to see on an original late 50's Les Paul Standard. But now with the added white plastic it looks nice and I really love the color.

1979 Reborn LS120 & 1982 Love Rock LS120, 'scuse the finger-marks, must stop eating chips while playing :roll:

DSC00127.jpg

Villager, you should be banned from these type of threads, no-one can compete with those beauties!! :wink:

I love Tokai OS old sunburst finish,it?s my favourite with Violin Finish as a close second John,I have the same '79 guitar as you but with a plain top that?s really pretty and sounds like really good Les Paul.

Nice nice LS-200s Mark,you?re the only one who owns any, so you?re a lucky man....Congrats!

Photo0075.jpg

LS200 from 2001, massively modified.

Much as I love those oldies, I'm an irrepressible tinkerer and I can't trust myself to own one as a player and keep it in original condition. I'd have to put it in its case and treat it as a museum piece. :(

Latest posts

Back