The new Chinese Tokai ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iainblack

Reaction score
Guys, I happened upon a new shop in St. Helens in the north west UK. Bobs (I will post contact details after the photos). He has just opened up in the last 6 weeks and has some lovely vintage fenders and Gibsons that he picked up in LA when the dollar was 2 to the pound. He also has some mex strats and an america Fender Squire lefty (MIK).

We were shooting the breeze when he drew my attention to a no logo strat for 150 quid. I had a play and was really impressed with the set up and hardware. Vintage klusons style tuners, immaculate build. The neck has a maple slab and skunk stripe. Only thing that let it down was the overly plastic volume knobs and non rounded back plate. They are imported from China and his dealer is back at the end of the month so I am looking at a sonic blue rosewood baby. these could be closet classics. Let me know what you think and if anyone is interested we could see if we could get a better price if we order a few together?

I have floated the idea of him bringing a few to our next get together if it was in the northwest for a try before you buy.

He has put the price up to 199 as they are now appearing on ebay for 225. Here you go:

DSC03673-1.jpg

DSC03671-1.jpg

DSC03672-1.jpg

Why do they put 2 string trees on those things if they're supposed to be vintage "replicas"?

Mike

I do Indeed have one of these, and managed to get it for the pricly sum of ?100 (although costing me alot more now)

Grab one while you can guys, you wonr be dissapointed.

Colin

Latest posts

Back