• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD: 1978 Greco SE-700 'Early Sixties'

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishbonz

Reaction score
1978 Greco SE-700 Early Sixties, a very nice all original example, lovely patina. I'm fairly sure this is a 3-tone sunburst nitro finish on a lovely grained, well matched 3-piece Sen Ash, looks like a bone nut heading up the 1-piece maple neck and rosewood board. All in all its an excellent late 60's Stratocaster replica. Plays well and the original p/ups sound good, comes with a padded gig bag. I bought this in haste a short while ago and paid too much money (my loss) - I think ?395 is a fair price - you see them on eBay occasionally for ?325-450 from Japan and US, add to that shipping and duties and your up around ?450-500 (assuming you are UK). If interested and you would like specific pix let me have an email address and I'll send to you.
GrecoStrat-BODYfront.jpg
[/img]

Hi bro, it's a great deal for an excellent guitar... i have had a natural/ blonde one, the fret board on mine was Brazilian rosewood !!
Best wishes for you sale,

Angelloveguitars said:
Hi bro, it's a great deal for an excellent guitar... i have had a natural/ blonde one, the fret board on mine was Brazilian rosewood !!
Best wishes for you sale,

How did you know it was Brazilian rosewood?

Hi, I checked the fretboard and saw its very dark & beautiful rosewood grain & color, it looks and feels the same on my vintage Gibson, Fender, PRS guitars... it was a 1977s Greco Early Sixties w/ 2 pieces of Ash wood seam at the center body, guitar was upgraded the pickups to vintage 70s Bill Lawrence. I don't know if the seller's guitar got the brazilian rosewood or not, but mine got it. I love these Greco Early Sixties model. that's it !!

Back