Shimamura, another Japanese online shop

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hans-j?rgen

Reaction score
English online help:

http://www.shimamura.co.jp/english/05shopping/help.html

Brand new Tokais... 8)

http://www.shimamura.co.jp/store/catalog/01_st_electric/01_eg/10_etc/tokai_index.html

How about that one?

ls380.jpg

LS380 for 339,000 Yen (322,858 Yen without taxes)...

This one ain't bad either:

4539587320035.jpg

LS290 Lemon Drop with JM Rolph PAFs, Honduras mahogany, Jacaranda fingerboard etc. for 259,000 Yen (246,667)

Yeah...

4539587320059.jpg

ES260 with JM Rolph PAFs, Honduras mahogany neck, Jacaranda fingerboard for 232,000 Yen (220,953)

That's going right in the bookmarks. I've been looking over the forum for some places on the web in Japan to get guitars from, some of which seem to lead to dead ends.

I am pretty sure I will be buying my next guitar from there later on in the year, I like to plan purchases like this out and they always seem to change, hence I have a backlog of howevermany guitars I planned to buy! Y'know how it is! Oh well..

Their discounts seem a bit low.

But check out the other brands they have (based on the prices of some, they
must be Korean or Chinese). Did I read that History are made by Fujigen?

Shimamura is the most expensive guitar shop in this Japanese city. Occasionally...they have sales, I got my Lakewood acoustic there but other than that, regular prices are higher than everybody else here. No Tokais there either... in fact they seem to be either very low end or very high end stuff. They will not budge on prices and won`t even give a new set of strings with a purchase. They keep all guitars detuned and tune up when a customer wants to try a guitar, so this constant tuning and detuning wreaks havoc with the necks. No used gear either.

"1. All of the product we will sell to customers living abroad will not be subject to the warranty which is put out by the manufacture or by Shimamura Music. In case of breakage, you will need to pay for the repairs."

yeah well...MIAs here get a 6 month warranty. Big whoop. More serious for acoustics I think.

sneakyjapan said:
Shimamura is the most expensive guitar shop in this Japanese city. Occasionally...they have sales, I got my Lakewood acoustic there but other than that, regular prices are higher than everybody else here. No Tokais there either... in fact they seem to be either very low end or very high end stuff. They will not budge on prices and won`t even give a new set of strings with a purchase. They keep all guitars detuned and tune up when a customer wants to try a guitar, so this constant tuning and detuning wreaks havoc with the necks. No used gear either.

Strange. I bought a guitar from there. Service was quick and excellent. Prices are normal, meaning its the sale price you find in most places. They can be quite lenient on the price too... but i guess it depends on what you buy and how much you buy.

And no used? hmmm maybe its just the store in your city. The one I talk of is in kokura. its pretty big.

Latest posts

Back