SD Phat Cats

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phat Cats were developed to Hamer Newport,which has got a spruce top and they seems to work great according to Newpot owners.Newporst are hollow bodies and not semi or full block as 335s.

I?m very busy nowadays, but I?ll get some free time to attach the Phat Cats on saturday and let you all know my opinion how I like them in a Love Rock.
I bought them from a guy who had a LS-85 and gigged them but are really in great shape.

OK, I?ve put Phat Cat neck and I?m satisfied with the sound. It does not sound like any other pickups I?ve tried but I like it. I plugged my Love Rock into a 18w clone in normal channel which is very bassy sound and the Phat Cat gives it more clear.I have to try both pickups and other amps(tweed Pro and deluxe replicas).First impression is it will stay in the guitar for a long while.

I've put a Phat Cat in an Aria 330-style TA-60. It's in the bridge position and I've got a NOS DeArmond humbucker on the neck. The DeArmond was an instant winner. I wasn't sure about the Phat Cat until I pumped it up live - it sounded fantastic! :D

Back