Scratchplate on?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leave it in the case, unless you play like SRV you don't need it (only my opinion off course)

Les

Yup, off is the way to go, it just gets in the way and unlike on a strat or tele, it serves no real purpose! :lol:

No holes in mine, don't want any either. Let the wood do the talking, not some cheap slab of plastic.

Who needs a guard on a guitar with a curved body and such a high string clearance? :lol:

I like them on - they look kind of quirky and old fashioned. But if the the guitar hasn't got one on and no holes I say leave it that way - leave it naked, just as it was born. :)

I like pickguard on,in fact I put one to my 150 HDC and it looks beautiful!

I also like the look with pickguard better, especially when the pickups don't have covers. By the way, I remember Gary Moore's Les Paul (that he got from Peter Green) has a severely damaged top where the pickguard normally protects it.

Ha, ok! Seems like a nice split. I must admit I do like it on, it seems to make the guitar look bigger and better balanced in my opinion and it's a classic look.

I do feel a shudder though at drilling into my baby to put it on.......

Back