• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ron Thorn Custom Strats and Teles

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jl1

Reaction score
If you dont know about the US master luthier RON THorn of thorn customs guitars you are missing probably the best luthier working in the USA today.

I have about 12 thorn guitars that were all specced and built for me using the best quality woods, ron thorns amazing attention to detail including his own pickups, fret wire and bridges but i need to slim down.

they are all in showroom condition and only played at home - with case and thorn bits

THorn GT52 - stunning IR neck fat C 860-960, light (just over 7lbs ish) and resonant and absolutely the best sounding tele neck pickup ive ever heard - absolutely 3d chime to it - 10" radius - Rons first GT that matched v light weight swamp ash body to an IR neck and check out the shoreline gold finish!!! GT90T bridge pickup is incredible as you all know

price ?1950+shipping and paypal

gt52_zpsc673f29a.jpg

CS16 - super add ons to this guitar - museum grade birdseye neck, super light alder, real candy apple red with true gold undercoat, fretboard edge binding gold hardware, block inlays, thorn special wind lollar pickups, gold bigsby in perfect tuning re engineered by Ron - african blackwood fretboard - slight V 1" neck ( feels much smaller in the hand than it sounds cos of rons cool V carve)

?2200+shipping and paypal

cs16_zpsab723e52.jpg

cs16neck_zps6656aeff.jpg

GT37 - totally cool semi hollow mahogany body with maple cap and maple neck - med C carve, 10" radius - rings like an acoustic unplugged - set of toaster top pasadena minibuckers low wind - the only ones ron did - cool lake placid blue finish, Rons reengineered bigbsy stays in perfect tune - 5 way switch for serious pos 2+4 quack

?1750+shipping + paypal

gt37_zps00340671.jpg

GT20 - 6lbs 4 oz of amazing super light + curly premium grade semi hollow swamp ash goodness with no truss rod slight V carve 1" maple neck - thorn pasadena mini bucker in neck and shed esquire pickup in the bridge - unique guitar

?2200 +shipping + paypal

gt20_zps920c7eed.jpg

contact me on sales at swedishinteriordesign dot co dot uk

and maybe trades for heatley tradition /probett LSM or 1978-1983 tokai springy sound strats (+cash to me)

Back