Relic- Aged 1959 Les Paul Tokai ---found!! Too Cool!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bear925

Reaction score
Some of the regulars may have seen these, but I just ran across my first absolutely gorgeous '59 flame top LP Tokai- "aged" just right- a little bit more than Tom Murphy does on the $8500 Gibson aged Historic models- looks road worn and ready to rock! Just go to belfastguitaremporium.com Some good ol boys over in Ireland have a very nice store with some new guitars, and some nice vintage pieces. I wrote to check on prices. Soon as I hear from them, I'll post price on the relic LP. I've seen the Edwards relic model- there's something weird about the way they try to dull their guitar finish on an aged model. May be they final spray it in a flat, or satin finish, then age it. Also- the one I saw still has bright new looking chrome parts- only the wood is aged a bit on the Edwards. It appears from the pictures, the Tokai has been fully aged to perfection....Enjoy!! Bear.

yeah i spotted that reliced Love Rock on www.belfastguitaremporium.com and instantly fell in love...

if only i had loads of money to splash out on such beautiful guitars like this one

relicedtokai.jpg

relicedtokai2.jpg

relicedtokai3.jpg

there is no price on their website for this guitar but i would imagine that it would be around ?1200 or somthing.. i wonder which model it is??

i

that would be great if u could post the prices of this guitar once they let u know i am in the UK so if u could tell me the price in UK pounds that would be great...

the Edwards Relic model that u are talking about is it the Edwards Jimmy Page Model like the one that this guy is selling on Ebay??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Edwards-ESP-Les-Paul-Jimmy-Page-Relic-CTM-Shop-Style_W0QQitemZ7378060983QQcategoryZ33038QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

they look real nice to, and they are very reasonably priced to, although they arenot solid tops only flamed veneer they still look awesome!!!

but i still prefer the look of the tokai one

Eh, the one pictured above looks cheesey/fake to me, perhaps it looks better in person. Why not just buy a higher end late 70s/early 80s model that's got real wear to it?

WOW! Ok guys- a relic'd Tokai 59 Paul has shown up on ebay- around $1450 US- that seems a bit high- the Tokai Love Rock- LP models I see are going new for around $500-600 US. Those aren't the high end models- just the ALS models coming into Canada now. The Edwards Jimmy Page guitar that has been aged sells around $950-to-$1050 US + $120 shipping. The Tokai on ebay now is from an English guitar shop. It is not the one I first found at the Irish music store. Want a big secret on aging parts?? I've done it myself overnight! Very easy- first go take the parts-screws-pick up covers- metal parts off your guitar that you want to look older. Go grab an eyedropper and head out to your car- pop the hood, and pop the top on your battery- be careful- get a good couple of teaspoons of battery acid in a cup- then go to the refrigerator and grab a Coke. Drink all but the last swallow- put twice the amount of Coke in the cup with the acid- get some steel wool or fine sandpaper and rough up the metal parts a bit, toss them in a flat bowl, and overnight, you'll have hazy- worn- nasty aged parts. If it's not aged enough- rough up more with sandpaper and toss back in for another night or so. Go easy the first time- you can always age the metal parts a bit more each time, but of course you can't bring them back to look newer. The steel wool makes the parts look tarnished, while the sandpaper really goes further. Bear

Latest posts

Back