Recent musical discoveries?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrJzT

Reaction score
What musician/bands have you got into recently? To get the ball rolling for me it's quite a mixed bag (some of them i should have listened before, shocking i know)

Ornette Coleman, Wayne Shorter, Joshua Redman, Wu Tang Clan, The GZA, Peter Greens Fleetwood mac, John Mayall's Beano album and the fantastic OZ Noy

youami said:
Dio. I've pretty much fully regressed into 80s metal now.

Cool, i saw him live at Wacken in 2004 with Motorhead on the same bill. The Dio gig was my all time favourite gigs. I eat soo many bratwursts that weekend, my lord the drink :lol:

For me I can't stop listening to the last two Arctic Monkeys albums, they are so impressive for a young band, poetic and raw, aside from that I'm also living and breathing a ton of Led Zepplin in training for when my Tokai Ls150 finally shows, apparently I will have it within the next two weeks!

Ted Nugents Live Gonzo is awesome but older ZZ Top stuff included Eliminator was my reason to learn playing the guitar.
Dio and Rainbow is somethimg I can hear every day too

DrJzT said:
youami said:
Dio. I've pretty much fully regressed into 80s metal now.

Cool, i saw him live at Wacken in 2004 with Motorhead on the same bill. The Dio gig was my all time favourite gigs. I eat soo many bratwursts that weekend, my lord the drink :lol:

Sounds awesome! German food and beer can't be beaten in my book. Ok, except for Italian food perhaps.

I've only been listening to Holy Diver so far, but liking what I hear. I'll be checking out some more Dio soon.

youami said:
Bugger, Ronnie died over the weekend. What a voice eh?

That's a real shame; one of the best rock voices ever, together with Jeff Scott Soto, Chris Cornell, Joe Lynn Turner & Geoff Tate.

Latest posts

Back