Re-Wiring Your Tokais

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds fantastic. I'm really pleased with the Monty's PAFs. The original MK2's were a little too hot and bright for my taste.

I have to admit to doing the cracked finish on purpose. I wish I could get it looking like that Greco, but I'm not brave enough to attempt that kind of relicing.
But u are almost half way there. Pete Honore or Danish Pete did a relicing on his goldtop which was less difficult and u have to be less brave and it came out good for the effort, he just did not get the cool green colour. U can check it out on youtube, andertonstv…..https://youtu.be/YjISNgU1KSU.

Thanks for posting these. It's interesting that these are from the official catalog, but are obviously hand drawn. Shows how informal the operation was at the time.

Thanks for posting these. It's interesting that these are from the official catalog, but are obviously hand drawn. Shows how informal the operation was at the time.
If you will notice, they used a particular person to do the illustrations in a bunch of catalogs from 1979-1982 or so. I think it's pretty cool. More of a cartoon style than tech illustrations.

RO ST 1.jpg

As a side note, those 1Meg pots on Breezys are widely thought to be a misfit.

That's what Fender used from the late 60s to 81 or something and that wasn't everyone's favorite either. But they used 250k tone pots that are said to mitigate a bit how deeply the ice pick penetrates your brain even when they're fully open, Tokai obviously used 1MΩ for tone as well.

Back