Randy Rhoads Polka dot V!!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWOBHM

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fernandes-105RR-RANDY-RHOADS-POLKA-DOT-V_W0QQitemZ190338769091QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item2c511320c3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

A bit like Buddy Guy's Strat.

buddy_guy_lg-thumb-500x499-5484.jpg

You got to be careful though, or the dots may come off onto your shirt.

buddy_guy.jpg

:wink:

Mike

That's because he's a bluesman. :wink: Not one of you soft rock types.

:lol:

leadguitar_323 said:
Holy sh1t.... :eek: look at the action in that last pic......you could drive a bus under that E string....!

Mick

Action, nothing.. Look at the man's fingers. He could bend an electrical cable.

And, you know, in the mid-60s, Buddy played an early - probably 1961 - SG style Les Paul, the style with the lateral spring on the tremolo. Must have changed over to Strats in the late 60's.

Too bad Magic Sam's not still around.

Buddy played a Guild (I think) semi through most of the 80s - I think he had an endorsement deal with them. Good to see him back to playing a Strat again though.

8)

Just saw Buddy with BB King last month. It was my first time seeing either live, and Buddy stole the show. One of the best performances I've personally seen, bar none. :D

RyanC said:
Just saw Buddy with BB King last month. It was my first time seeing either live, and Buddy stole the show. One of the best performances I've personally seen, bar none. :D
Did he do his Hendrix set?

RyanC said:

I saw BB most years from the early 1980s till he was 80. By the time of his "farewell" European tour when he was 80, he had lost a little of what used to make him so special. Hardly surprising, many of us will never make it to 80! But I would expect Buddy to outplay & outsing BB now. But 10 or 20 years ago......? My money would have been on BB. He was truly remarkable well into his 70s.

Latest posts

Back