putting my Tokai babies on Ebay (sigh)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why don't you just sell your Tokais on their own merit, and stop making the link to Gibson? Most people looking for a Love Rock will know what it's a copy of anyway. So what's the problem?

When you search Ebay... and want and Tokai or a Greco or any other MIJ Guitar... search with those names.. If you ar searching you know what they are already.. no reason to draw attention to G%$#^* fanatics.... they will have you shut down in a heartbeat...

CliffsComicWorld said:
When you search Ebay... and want and Tokai or a Greco or any other MIJ Guitar... search with those names.. If you ar searching you know what they are already.. no reason to draw attention to G%$#^* fanatics.... they will have you shut down in a heartbeat...

Seconded. Just like I said on page one.

Gibson owners are just jealous because Tokais are better and cheaper. :D

PS: How long do you guys reckon this listing will last before the Trademark Police pull it? :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=290267315349

No telling how long it will last... the big mistake that MIJ LP owners make, is listing the guitar in the Gibson/les Paul catagory... thats when they grab the wrong attention and get flagged..

Hi,

I totally symphathise with you, flea bay is doing my nut in as well. They will pull listings for no apparent reasons, and rather than letting you keep your listing, and just ask you to change the title for example with 24 hrs, no they remove it and you have to do the typing all over again!.

I agree with the other forum members, people who are looking for a Tokai, Greco, etc. normally know what they are looking for and I think you can sell it on its own merrit. Who needs made in the USA when you can have MIJ!!

Good luck with your auctions anyway!

Regards,

Joop

Cliff>>>
I think you are exactly right __ in my case??
listing the guitar in the Gibson/les Paul catagory

eBay never would give me an explaination why it was removed because:

due to
legal and security concerns, that information must remain confidential.

and insult to injury eBay states:

As stated previously, items listed on eBay may be brought to our
attention by third-parties with significant expertise in the category
your item was listed. eBay evaluates those reports, and may decide to
remove the reported item from the site.

Spy-n-less B*stards

Jeez ochay, stop whingeing! You keep breaking the rules apparently, even though numerous people on here have told you how to do your listings properly. Stop blaming others and look to yourself. :roll:

Ochay...... I am speaking from experience as well .. I made the mistake......and from the countless email's I recieved from Gibson Finaticals when I posted a MIJ Lp on SleazeBay.. their attitude would not be limited to cutting my nuts off if they spotted me on the street... they go as far as to feature you on the brand name forum and feed you to the lions... you know like .... blood in the water... it attracts even more sharks... Think about it by putting yourself in the shoes of a early 80's Gibby LP owner... is his LP worth as much as a High end Greco or Tokai LP??... thats why you get turned in...

ochay said:
bottom line to fleabay is if you call it a copy/clone/replica and name a Trade marked Brand like Gibson --if and only if some dick reports you fleaby will remove the auction

So why do it?

It seems to me like the highest price you would ever get is from someone looking for a "Tokai".

List it as what it is.

When I'm searching ebay, I search "Tokai". I don't want to have to wade through all of the crap that comes up with "Gibson" or "Les Paul".

Latest posts

Back