Plywood in Burny

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it was meant for me then? Knowledge does not necessarily grow greater with time and if it did, one would have the knowledge to be a little more humble, no? :wink:

EDIT :: to change "mean" to "meant" ;)

Precisely...what a waste of energy to try and point out how you or others know more. I claimed to not know about yellow caps. That was not me saying they never existed due to my ignorance on the subject but rather that I had never seen them; thus pointing out my ignorance on the topic. Other than the yellow chicklet types like in my 85 Tokai I have never seen others. Perhaps that was the reference but I was thinking of yellow PIO caps. Sheesh...I am ready for my 40 lashes with a wet noodle :lol:

Koubayashi said:
villager said:
so solid colour with the later truss rod cover with wings??

get some pics up !!

Will upload tonight. Must lay down on my sofa now :D

Yes, its later t-rod covers with wings and the late 80s with yellow caps.
Did you get a chance to take some pics?

i have two customs..an RR, and one that I think is an RLC60 of the early 80's.

previous owner did a bad job refinishing the top. he got it with the top paint scraped and with all sorts of swirly color, like a kid would only paint.

I had it refinished, the top was mahogany. whew. and yes, it had the green chicklet cap.

glad its not plywood.

Sometimes.......................This makes me think that some folks just want to load up the posts with worthless BS..... show the pictures or shut up...... put your money where your mouth is.

CliffsComicWorld said:
Sometimes.......................This makes me think that some folks just want to load up the posts with worthless BS..... show the pictures or shut up...... put your money where your mouth is.

I think Koubayashi is just a little lazy, he's always waaaaaaay slower in showing pics than typing letters :D

jacco said:
CliffsComicWorld said:

I think Koubayashi is just a little lazy, he's always waaaaaaay slower in showing pics than typing letters :D

Especially when you realise that you sent the guitars with your friend to his shop which is app 1200km both ways.

And besides: I was asking for others to share their experiences. My intention wasn't to enlighten people here but to find answers to my own questions.
I can't be bothered to go 1200km to take some pics :D

CliffsComicWorld said:

Ah, go and suck a veneer top :D

Back