Please help me date my Tokai Breezysound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4andrew

Reaction score
Please can anyone help me date myTokai Breezysound. I have looked in all of the usual places (catlogue pages, Tokai pics pages) for some info on it but I havn't seen anything that I can match it up to. I really would appreciate some help with this as to date of production, wood used on body etc. It has a maple neck and fretboard, a 3 piece natural finish body with TOKAI stamped on the six saddle bridgeplate. It has a 5 digit serial number stamped on the neck plate 13396, (Does having 5 digits make it particularly old?) .The headstock logo is the fat one that's silver with a black outline and "BREEZYSOUND" in block capitals. This is all situated between the top nut a circular string tree for the E and B strings and a small black fillet just behind the top nut for the truss rod. The machinne heads are stamped "DELUXE", it has a Made in Japan sticker on the back of the neck and it has a single ply black, 5 screw, scratchplate. In the neck pickup cavity there is " T-8 " printed and on the underside of that pickup is " TE8 or maybe B " printed. I would really appreciate any help at all in dating my new guitar as it is a beautiful looking axe and a dream to play, truly better than any Fender I've had my hands on in the past 25 years. :D

Back