Paul Reed Smith copy by Tokai?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

av

Reaction score
I don't know much about tokai guitars, but have come across an incredible guitar made by them. I can not seem to find any information on it that seems reliable. The guitar is a PRS singlecut copy with bird inlays. Has the correct looking headstock with the smooth cut, the PRS copies on the website have a peak in the bottom of the cut. Almost identical to a PRS, except there is no bevel at the body cut by the fretboard. I believe they said it was a TRS-2002. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Here is a link to a pic:

http://www20.brinkster.com/adamvance/Tokai.html

Only place I can find any info at all is Harmony Central, but I am not sure how reliable it is. I have seen other Korean/Japanese PRS copies (like Everest and Dillion), but they are not even close. The birds on those look like German military insignia or something.

Thanks for the info. That is a dead on Santana II copy, correct headstock, headstock inlay, body bindings, pickups -- wow. I am buying the singlecut copy, it actually plays better than my custom 22. Doesn't really feel manufactured like the PRS does. I don't know why someone would forge a Tokai, but who knows. If anyone else should come across some info, or could direct me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

There are some detailed shots of the PRS copy in the video that is available on the t-shirts page.

Ned

Latest posts

Back