Parts identification

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiremanFX

Reaction score
I finaly got my TST-62 from an Ebay purchase today. The seller did not know too much about the guitar. The seirl number is 15270 as stamped into the neck 4 bolt neck plate. Some parts have been replaced I'm curious to find out which. It has the altered style headstock with the "t" that looks like a "7" in the Tokai logo.

I belive one or two of the pickups has been swaped out. All three have staggared pole peices, but the midle has bevels on the polepeices, the neck and bridge pu's do not.

It has a brass nut, I would guess this is replacement.

The bridge appears to be very nicely made, with some upgrades from vintage Fender specs. The easiest thing to describe on it is that there are grooves in the bridge wher ethe height adjustment screws from the bridge sadles rest. The sadles tehm selves are diffrent from vintage style fender, each one has a large (about 3/8") round hole in the center rather than a slot. The attachment it six screws. The rear bar, where the bridge screws mount is thick, about 5/16".

The print on the knobs is a greenish color. Teh pickgaurd has 11 screws.

Any information would be appreciated.

A little more info now. I took the pickguard off yesterday and did some poking around. It would appear that the middle PU with beveled pole peices is original and the neck and bridge PU's are aftermarket. The center one has a gray bottom with an "E" stamped on it similar to the ones in this auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...e guy, but I can't stop playing this guitar.

Latest posts

Back