Orville Questions - Muddy Sounding

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like the guitar much, I've already replaced it with a nice Burny and Tokai so I'm not going to pursure the Orville any further.

Pots might brighten it up a little, as would colder pickups, lighter tuners, a lacquer refin, etc etc...But even if I did get it sounding decent, I don't like the neck contour so I'm not going to bother. Not only that, I'm a firm believer in wood affecting tone, you can compensate for poor acoustic properties to a point--but a bad piece of wood will never sound truly great.

I made a really stupid mistake by stripping the guitar as soon as I got it. I was really eager to upgrade all the parts. I should have played it first, that would have saved me all the trouble and expense. I screwed up--my loss.

However, I like my Burny LP Custom and Tokai LS 150 very much. :D

on a side note ...I have had korean assembled Orvilles that sound wonderful..just as good as the nicest Japanese ones ...and some japanese orvilles which sucked....same as always lol...the only consistantly good guitars are the Orville by Gibsons ..I have not seen a duff one as yet..

Back