Opinions please

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diodibuh said:
villager: +1
JohnA: I think your pictures tell everything. Looks like he just want some money. If there was something about decal - so what, it's a player guitar, doesn't really matter what is written on the neck. Did he gave you any feedback about sound or he just complains?

I think he took it to pieces to examine the stamps on the body rather than play it, I put a new set of ernie balls on there too :evil:

Just to let you know what's going on with this, so you can be sure that Ebay and Paypal are doing the right thing (NOT)

I submitted, a lot of info to Paypal to prove beyond doubt that the guitar was not a fake as claimed by the buyer. He submitted a statement to say he had a friend that had looked at it and thought it was a fake too!

Paypal found in favour of the buyer and said once I recieved the item in the condition I sent it they would refund the full price and the postage!!

I then sent an email from the buyer to PayPal stating he was going to return the guitar dismantled to save on shipping, by a 10 day un-trackable service!

The buyer sent Paypal proof of posting (for something)

Paypal took ?350 from my account and refunded him!!

If I don't get the guitar back apparently I can 'lodge a claim' :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil:

Shameful. :evil: There should be a regulatory body for organisations like eBay & Paypal.

Or do any of the banking ombudsman organisations cover Paypal, as they seem to have broken their own rules in this case?

That's ridiculous ... :roll:
As a seller you're in a weak position on ebay nowadays ...
They claim to improve the buyer's protection but the other side of the medal is ... as a seller you may thank your stars whenever a transaction had been completed smoothly ... :(
Roger

I just had a e.mail from eBay saying that they will be carrying out a survey to see what buyers think of buying on eBay. I replied and asked why they didn't survey sellers to see what they think - don't they matter?

I don't expect to get a reply. Or, if I do, it will be a semi-literate cut and paste answer from the stock replies they send to all "customers".

:evil:

E-bay :p .Nothing for the seller now,you have to be careful about selling ,it wasnt good before,but now its open to all kinds of people who will try and get money off by saying something is not right,the best way to beat it is by pickup only with cash which will limit the selling price or NO PAYPAL. :evil:

stratman323 said:
I don't expect to get a reply. Or, if I do, it will be a semi-literate cut and paste answer from the stock replies they send to all "customers".

:evil:

Those replies are not worth to be sent ... they don't answer on your questions !!!
I've sent a complaint about the new feedback ratings - my 100% pos fb went down to 98,2% just because of one silly a....e who didn't evaluate the smooth transaction ... he stated that the item was dusty !!!
I'll withdraw from ebay step by step ...
Roger

The latest on this debarcle!! I told the seller at least 5 times to mark the parcel:

"Sale originating in UK, returned for refund no VAT or Duty payable" and asked him to attach ebay/paypal documentation as proof.

The buyer "asked the guy in the post office" and was told there was no need to attatch the docs, currently the guitar is "awaiting customs charges" in UK customs.

Looks like the next time you sell on E-Bay ( thats if you do ) only UK buyers with cash then :wink:

Mick - sellers can't leave negative or neutral feedback anymore. Another great step forward from eBay. :roll:

John - this guy is vicious. Sounds like he's deliberately causing you as much grief as he can. :evil:

Just contacted the buyer to let him know that as a result of him ignoring my explicit instruction, and not attaching any documents to the parcel, I will now have to pay import duty for my own guitar totaling nearly $150 and was told "don't forget this is all your fault for not accurately describing the guitar" and he can not be held responsible as "the guy in the post office" told him there was no need to attach any documents to the package!!

He's a complete c***. I assume you're sending eBay/Paypal all of this correspondence?

Just been dealing with Paypal at the moment, it's apparently 'nothing to do with ebay' Yes, I've forwarded them all of the correspondence, and proof that the guitar was a Fernandes Revival, and they have been no help whatsoever.

I checked the buyer's feedback too, he sold an empty amp cabinet as a "valve amp in need of repair - no sound coming out!"

But surely he's broken the terms of the agreement with Paypal? He sent it in such a way that you incurred huge costs - once they realise that, surely they will do something?

Or can you appeal against the Customs duty by proving to HMC&E that the guitar had been returned for a refund? They must have an appeals procedure? If not, I would write to my MP - I'm sure she would get Customs to refund the charge, once you proved that you already paid duty on the exact same guitar when you brought it in from Japan a few weeks earlier.

Ridiculous.....

I'm sure if I fill out enough forms I will get the import duty, VAT and parcelforce charges back. I'm sure if I send pics of the guitar in bits to Paypal they will eventually get some money back off the buyer. It's just annoying that it's going to take so much effort because he is a total ****! as well as the fact that he has got everything his own way because the system favours the buyer.

Well John, i would do all the paperwork, get my money back, invest it in an airline ticket to this assholes place and smack him round the head with said Fernandes guitar, then return home contented ....

Mick

Back