Opinions on an '82 Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziess

Reaction score
Hey, this is being offered for sale by a forum member;

IMG_2604.jpg

More pics; http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t20/Ti-Ron/Guitares/

It's got some changed parts (but comes with the originals) and has had a headstock injury repaired.
The serial dates it as a 1982 model.

Bearing in mind it's battle damage, what would something like this be worth? Any ideas as to the model number. Three piece back and (what looks like) a laminate top means it's most likely to be an LS-50, right?

Cheers,
Tommy.

Tommy, it's not really cool to post a forum member's guitar and then ask the peanut gallery what they think it's worth. You're generally dealing with honest, knowledgeable people - not the black hole of eBay.

Peanut gallery eh.!! :p
I don't think its a LS-50 because of the flame top, even though its probably a veneer i don't think the LS50's ever had that feature?

Mick

marcusnieman said:
Tommy, it's not really cool to post a forum member's guitar and then ask the peanut gallery what they think it's worth. You're generally dealing with honest, knowledgeable people - not the black hole of eBay.

I disagree. The seller, by his own admission, is far from knowledgeable about Tokais.
I posted in the thread in the classified ads asking for some idea of the model number etc. but got no replies.

Marcus, it is possible to get ripped off on here. I have NO comment to make about this guitar or it's seller, but does anyone remember the ST80 I bought from dongrosh in Germany that turned out to be an ST60? A very nice ST60, admittedly, but an ST60 for an ST80 price.

Mike

How much is a mid grade guitar (that is now a f*cked up mid grade guitar) worth?

I don't know, but it wouldn't be something I'd buy unless it was real cheap!

It's like buying an old Teisco for $1500, it was a cheap guitar, and now it's old and cheap, but you got to pay for that now! Sorry, but I'm very bitter about a recent bad experience with a vintage Fender. I don't think I can buy a guitar without seeing it, again (except from a few people).

Who's selling it and how can I get a hold of him? :lol:

It might be f#$@ up but I like them that way, I don't have to worry about scratching them then.

Good luck!

It must be a player guitar!

It's just my opinion but I would pay about $350 and no more than $400 for one like this. There are so many unbroken guitars to buy that I would not be too interested.

Remember that the exchange rate makes buying from almost anywhere abroad very expensive, here in the UK.

digbystar said:
Who's selling it and how can I get a hold of him? :lol:

It might be f#$@ up but I like them that way, I don't have to worry about scratching them then.

Good luck!

Scratches - no problem, broken neck/headstock - don't like it.

Hmm, still thinking about this one...
I know it's had a headstock break... it does have upgraded pickups and hardware (along with the originals).
Anyone know where I could get a good condition one?! :lol:

you can get a used Les Paul Studio for $800 all day long, I'd argue that would be a better buy

headstock repairs can be a non=issue, if they are done right....I wouldn't buy a gtr like this without personally inspecting it though; it doesn't look like its been treated well, how are you going to know if the neck is straight etc?

Latest posts

Back