Noob with questions on an 85 LS60....

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clmazza

Reaction score
Hi all! I've been lurking on the board for quite some time and finally decided to buy a TOKAI!!! Took long enough right! :lol:

I'm an avid collector and player... check out my site! http://home.earthlink.net/~clmazza/

I was fortunate to snag a mint 85 LS60 in Vintage Cherryburst with case. I have a couple of questions that I hope you don't mind answering. I'm sure you repeat these a lot but I searched the site and only found some answers to my questions.

First: I assume this is a vaneer top... haven't pulled the pups yet. Three piece body right? What about the neck? One piece?

What pups did these come with? Apparently this was made for the US market. What years had the aluminum tailpieces?

Sorry for all the ??'s I just like to be a well informed consumer 8)

I hope to gainfully contribute now that I'm registerd!

Thanks and cheers!
Chuck

clmazza said:
I'm an avid collector and player... check out my site! http://home.earthlink.net/~clmazza/
Hi Chuck, welcome to the forum! I don't see a LS60 on your site, so it's a bit hard to answer your questions. ;)

First: I assume this is a vaneer top... haven't pulled the pups yet. Three piece body right? What about the neck? One piece?
If it's flamed, it's a veneer. The neck is always one piece on the MIJ models.

What pups did these come with? Apparently this was made for the US market. What years had the aluminum tailpieces?
Usually they should have the Tokai '57 PAFs, at least my 1984 LS60 does. Aluminum tailpieces were used from the beginning (~1976), but only for higher models.

Thanks Hans~!

I haven't gotten around to taking any pics yet.... I'll be sure to take a few and post them shortly.

Yes... it's a flame top. Like I said... this thing is mint! It appears that it was truly kept under a bed in its case for quite some time.

Do you feel $400.00 US was a fair deal?

Much appreciated and thanks for the welcome!

Latest posts

Back