No more Tokai?s?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of LS3, only LS1 & 2; denominating the amount of wood used for the back. Any pics of the LS3?

LS3 must be LS92.
LS2 must be LS98F and LS105Q
LS1 must be Premium Series.

Working in a company producing stuff for x-ray examinations I can attest that US companies are fighting the hardest when it comes to standing their ground against foreign competitors.When I started 11 years ago we where active in Europe only and today are in almost every country except the US.It is correct that laws exist to make sure that all companies have the same conditions in every country but if I want to introduce a product in USA I need a lot of papers,confirmations,expertises and so on and the most important I have to pay a huge amount of money before they let me in.Not possible for a small company with 40 working people only.I would like to see the USA if all other countries would build such barricades against McDonals,Starbucks,Microsoft and son on...
But back to guitars - i have no problem with people spending a lot of money for "the real Lester" build from new wood and chambered to avoid the 5 kilo limit :lol: I never tried a real Gibson and cannot say much.I own 3 MIJs and I think will buy some more in the next years.A shop like richtone who was praising Tokais over Gibsons for a long time and now changed completely... :roll: Hard to say how much they missed the german customers since they where not allowed to ship guitars to Germany.

andyp81 said:
Next it will be the lack of wood for the huge prices.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15268169

lol, Henry, guilty as sin.

We made an error with the import code, lol, yes Henry, we believe you, what you meant to say was you used a different code and thought no one would open up the container and check if the wood matched your code.
And in 2009 you made an error as well when you illegally imported wood from Madagascar.

700 guitars a day, yikes, talk about MASS production.

The sickest thing is, 90% of their mahogany turns into sawdust after the body is chambered...he should sell sawdust. :D

It's not only a guitar production problem if you see how precious wood is wasted for every kind of ****.The discount shops offer even the crapiest furniture for house or garden made from teak or mahogany.Shameless companies go to the poor natives and steel the wood for a tip only.

I've heard that few weeks ago Gibson reduced prices in Europe for dealers. They decided to fight for more market share here. Gibson and their distributors also increased the stock plans for dealers. It means that for dealers now is more difficult to keep other manufacturers. Fender also has a stock plans, but they are more reasonable.

andyp81 said:
Could you define what a "stock plan" is ?????

It means that shop must stock:

Required amount of Gibson Historic;
Required amount of Gibson signature
Required amount of Gibson studio;
Required amount of Gibson standards;
Required amount of various Epiphones
Etc.

Requirements are set by Gibson and is very high.

felixcatus said:
stratlt said:
Requirements are set by Gibson and is very high.

And they?re going to increase it. :eek: Is the stock on consignment, like in the car business?

Something like that. But for example in my part of Europe they ask about pre payment.... It's possible to get 30 days open account, but anyway ....

i wonder what will happen now that Gibson was raided and all of it's wood seized by the U.S. Gov't.

brokentoes said:
i wonder what will happen now that Gibson was raided and all of it's wood seized by the U.S. Gov't.

They'll introduce a new model with a mahogany fretboard...Henry will call it the "Fish & Wildlife" series...or maybe the "Swat Team" model. :D

Of course it will be a limited edition collectors series, only 500,000 of them to be made. :lol:

Ridiculous policy - that's how shops end up with complete dogs on the wall...

My local shop went through this and are not shifting them very fast - the satin ones are absolutely awful, when I see one I have the urge to apply sandpaper to it as noone has done it at the factory! :roll:

Diamond said:
They'll introduce a new model with a mahogany fretboard...Henry will call it the "Fish & Wildlife" series...or maybe the "Swat Team" model. :D

Of course it will be a limited edition collectors series, only 500,000 of them to be made. :lol:

And 450000 more aged and signed for 20 grand... :lol:

looktoyourorb said:
My local shop went through this and are not shifting them very fast - the satin ones are absolutely awful, when I see one I have the urge to apply sandpaper to it as noone has done it at the factory! :roll:

lol, same with me. :D
I walked into a store and there were some faded series (satin) models on stands about 4 yards away from me, an SG and Studio, I could see the joints from 4 yards away...the fretboards felt like rough sandpaper, no binding on the necks, and if you slid your finger over the G decal it felt like it was glued on. :roll:

I have a few "matt/satin" finish LS98F models, they are amazing.

t.olsen said:
Diamond said:

And 450000 more aged and signed for 20 grand... :lol:

:lol:

Latest posts

Back