New MIK love rock coming my way...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
steveb334,

welcome to the forum!! :lol:

I think with garagerat's advice you can't go wrong !! :wink:

BTW - she's a beauty, but I admire your courage to bid on an ...bay-offer where the bidder's name is kept secret!! I would never do this!

Enjoy playing her! :wink:

Roger

Congrats on your first Love Rock. My first advice was to go with JSD Guitar Shack where I got mine. First class all the way. I was leary about getting a love rock from *bay so I got one from JSD's. The following week I got burned on a Greco SE-500 strat, on *bay. But then again I've bought hundreds of things from *bay and all was good. Fixed the Greco and now all is well. Live and learn. Might as well order pots, caps, wire, switches, knobs for the 50;s wiring. That way as soon as your Love Rock shows up you can crack her open and void the warranty like the rest of us. God help you now that you've found us.

thanks for the replies guys. I think I got a good deal. As for ebay, this guy seems to have flawless feedback and I have never had a bad transaction yet, so I took a shot.

I am a modder by heart so I will definitely be tinkering with this baby.

As for my LP guitar history, I have owned 3 Gibson historic LP's(1 57 RI and 2 58 RI's), 2 Classics, 1 Standard and an Epi black beauty. All of them are gone. I regret selling one of them.

This new tokai should satisfy my need for a LP type guitar. I can't wait to try her out.
thanks for the welcome

So, steveb334,

I hope she will fullfill your expectations completely ...

I've sold alot of good guitars in my life and I regret alot of those sales, but ... there's always also a beginning ... don't regret!

It's just like with the women - We know what we have lost when they have gone!! :cry: - unfortunately!

Roger

HEY steveb334

THAT IS A REAL NICE FINISH ON YOUR GUITAR. THATS WHAT I WAS SHOOTING FOR, THAT COLOR, WHEN I SAW THE VIOLIN FINISH AT JSD's. I'VE BEEN TO GUITAR CENTER AND THEY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING THAT CAN TOUCH IT FOR THE SAME MONEY AND THEN SOME. YOU'LL LOVE IT I'M SURE. NOW, WITH A FEW TWEEKS HERE AND THERE YOU'LL.......... I'M SORRY

I WAS PREVIOUSLY A COLLECTOR OF CHICAGO MADE GUITARS BEFORE I GOT MY LOVE ROCK (BTLR=BEFORE THE LOVE ROCK). THE HIGHER END HARMONYS, KAYS, SILVERTONES AND AIRLINES. I HAVE BOUGHT AND SOLD MANY WITH A FEW REGRETS ALONG THE WAY. MY 63 KAY BARNEY KESSEL, MY 61 HARMONY H78 FOR EXAMPLE. GREAT GUITARS. I THINK YOU JUST MOVE ON TO DIFFERENT SOUNDS MAN. IN THE LAST THREE MONTHS (ATLR) I HAVE SOLD EVERY ONE OF THEM EXCEPT THE 64 HARMONY ROCKET I RESCUED FROM THE TRASH ONE MORNING. MY FIRST ONE. SO NOW IT'S THE ROCKET, LOVE ROCK, GRECO SE500 AND A MIM FENDER STRAT WHICH I THINK WILL BE LEAVING SOON. I GUESS ALL YOU CAN DO IS HAVE FUN WITH EM WHILE YOU GOT EM AND TAKE LOTS OF PICS.

Well she is here. All I have to say is that its unbelievable. Much better then I expected for the price. Great tone to boot!! Here are some pics of the flame. Tell me what you think.
170721663.jpg

170721658.jpg

170721657.jpg

170721654.jpg

170721650.jpg

Isn't it amazing, especially when you think about how much it cost? Yours looks alot like my finish, darker with some orange in it. It looked lighter in the auction. I think it's bad ***! Congrats! Now in a couple of weeks, when you've played it so much your fingers hurt and you need a break, plug in the soldering iron and...........

GARAGERAT said:
Isn't it amazing, especially when you think about how much it cost? Yours looks alot like my finish, darker with some orange in it. It looked lighter in the auction. I think it's bad ***! Congrats! Now in a couple of weeks, when you've played it so much your fingers hurt and you need a break, plug in the soldering iron and...........

Yeah in the pics it looked alot darker but when I asked the guy and he said it was more of an orange, I knew it was just like yours garagerat. I have owned plenty of Gibsons in my day...I won't say it.lol Anyway some soldering iron work is definitely in the near future lol
thanks again

Back