New member with his first Tokai...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velkan

Reaction score
hi people! my name is Ivo, i'm from Portugal and i now i guess i belong to the tokai family hehe, here's why... i bring you guys, the TRL-55!

tokai_1.jpg

tokai_2.jpg

tokai_3.jpg

tokai_4.jpg

tokai_5.jpg

tokai_6.jpg

tokai_7.jpg

tokai_8.jpg

tokai_9.jpg

tokai_10.jpg

tokai_11.jpg

Specs:

BODY: Bass Wood Flamed Maple Top (veneer)
NECK: Maple
FINGERBOARD: Rosewood
FRETS: 22, Jumbo
SCALE: 25.5"
BRIDGE: Floyd Rose Licensed
PICKUPS: 1 Single & 2 Humbucking
CONTROLS: 1V, 1T, 5 Way-SW
MACHINEHEADS: Grover
HARDWARE: Cosmo Black Color
JOINT: Set-Neck
COLOR: Edged Tiger

I think i'm the first here on this forum owning one, at least i havent found any thread about it (just one talking about this model). But if there are more TRL users/owners out there let me know! hehe

Its a chinese made Tokai for those who dont know, but it looks and feels pretty darn good for the price (225euros) doesn't feel cheap at all! not a single finish flaw, no issues with sharp fret edges, feels sturdy and well built! The stock pickups sound fairly decent, the floyd rose is blocked because i dont really use it, the neck is awsome, jackson-like thickness and feel!

I was trying to register it on this website but it only accepts Japanese or Korean Tokai =( or am i doing it wrong?

cheers

Beautiful guitar, I like it a lot.

Although, I could never play a guitar with a Floyd Rose, way to complicated for my pea brain.

@ telenut62: hehe, pointy headstocks FTW =)

@ Diamond: thanks dude, yeah i hear ya... my FR is blocked! i just dont use it that much!

@ JohnA: thanks!! those washburns were really nice too, if only the Washburn people would consider doing a reissue...

gorgous guitar, looks really playable ... love the cutaways looks easy to get high up ...

loving that headstock too,very nice bit of kit ;)

edit:- only one prob i can see,the postition of the volume control and the tremelo bar ...

Latest posts

Back