New Goldstars with correct vintage headstocks

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stratmann

Reaction score
Hi,
some where on this forum I read about brandnew Tokais with the law suit headstocks? Can't find the thread anymore.

What is it all about? I recently bought a Goldstar, advertised as 1981 model which appeared to me almost brand new. Could that be such a guitar.

What do you know about these "fake" vintage guitars?

Try this for size, the new TST 50 from tokai UK - ?699

http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=126&category_id=18&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=31

The also sell the AST versions, genuine Tokais. They have japanese hardware and I think they are made in japan - would need to check the email I got from Bob but he is happy to cover any questions you may have.

a friend of mine has a guitar shop & he is a tokai dealer , i will ask him if he can get them ,http://thelittleguitarshop.com/

TST 50

Price per Unit (piece): ?699.99

Body: Swamp Ash

Neck: Canadian Hard Maple

Nut: Bone

Fingerboard: Rosewood or Maple 1 pce. neck

Pickups: Japan Vintage (Gotoh)

Machine heads: Japan Vintage (Gotoh)

Bridge: Japan Vintage (Gotoh, Tremelo)

Available In Vintage White, Blonde, Yellow and Golden Sunbursts

Vintage Tweed Case is included in the price

----------------------------------------------

Those specs look great for a strat. So these are actually new Japanese made Tokais that are sold in UK? They are actually just slightly higher in price than the Mexican Fender Strats back here (if we're talking about the classic/reissue/"vintage" etc. models).

Very interesting.

Not had a reply from Bob also, but when I enquired the 699 price was 'delivered' pretty cool. They were down to promote at the Heydock guitar fair but didnt turn up, I wrote to Bob at Tokai UK to see if he is doing the Aintree show in November but so far no reply. I wonder if you can get them at that price direct from Japan - currency fluctuations may be a problem?

Nice looking! Funny that they don't sell the fender-headstock models in Japan anymore but they do in the UK, and for the LPs they have the dimple headstocks in the UK and the open-book for Japan.

Hi, I got a response from Bob at Tokai UK and have asked him if he still has the tst50s with original headstock. I copied the link to this discussion. So I will let you know when he responds,

Iain

Here is Bobs reply and photos:

Hi Yes they are made in Japan and use all Japanese hardware and the machines used to make them are the same as the 1980's models The Trans finishes are 2 Piece swamp ash we use the best woods available also take a look at the Blonde with Gold hardware I have many more pics if you need any let me know

Best Regards
Bob Murdoch
R K M TOKAI ROCKINBETTER
6 ABBEY WAY NORTH ANSTON
SHEFFIELD S25 4JL
Tel +441909 565360
Fax +441909 550686
mobile +447866 494557
QQ 1326092699
China mobile +86 135-6491-6443

www.tokai-guitars.co.uk

IMG_0126.jpg