new bacchus strat

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWOBHM

Reaction score
Anyone play a new production Bacchus Strat? a 62 or 67'. They seam pretty fair priced for handmade guitars. I only see new ones on ebay. I saw a nice goldtop les paul 10 years ago. I new it was nice, so I'm interested in a new Strat.

if you want a Bacchus Strat, get one of the older ones with the Alnico Special pickups.
These have much better vintage character/tone

The later/newer Bacchus Strats have the YUTA pickups, which are hotter, some what like a Texas Special pup

The newer Bacchus Strats are good but IMO the older Bacchus Strats are better

FWIW................

MIJvintage said:
The later/newer Bacchus Strats have the YUTA pickups, which are hotter, some what like a Texas Special pup

FWIW................

Do you think the SRV has different pick ups? Because, to me, I always thought they sounded hotter than the '62's pickups. Which doesn't jive with what I have been reading on the Yuta/alinco New/older difference.

I haven't had the SRV in my hands since I shipped it to you; that's been a long time

It should have the Alnico Special pups, considering the pot codes & the serial number

Alnico Special pickups have flat poles, as on this BST-64V
BSTFR8.jpg

Yuta pickups have beveled poles, as on this BST-62
BST-62LPB9.jpg

Well, the pick-up's match up accordingly. I just wonder if maybe they wound the SRV's different, being that it's an SRV. Because they sure seem hotter to me than the 62. Hmm. Now I am going to have to get another alnico bacchus to compare. Dang it!

Latest posts

Back