My trip to England

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
I made a quick weekend trip to Yorkshire to play with a buddy for his 60th b-day. A quick impromptu band featuring my friend on lead and vocals, myself on rhythm, his daughter on bass and a drummer. We also had a couple of vocalists sit it for various songs.

Great trip. The party was at a hall in Ripley, my friend lives in Knaresborough. Flew into Manchester and took a great train ride to Leads. Spent Saturday morning before rehearsal walking around the medievel town of Knaresborough (the sun was even out) and the hotel (Newton House) was fanatastic. I'm now addicted to the full English breakfast. Trip home was a bit hectic as our flight from Manchester was cancelled.

Don't know how you can face a full English breakfast that early in the morning. :-?

Mike

This didn't include black pudding and we usually just made the 9:30 serving cut-off time.

JohnA said:
Black pudding! mmmmmmm

Please John - you're giving a very bad impression of the English to all our overseas members. Black pudding (don't ask!! :-? ) is a strange product that is only consumed by those in the extreme North of our country - the places where the sun only rises for an hour each day in the winter months. It's often used to scare off the Polar Bears.... :eek:

Aye, there's nothing better than a bacon and black pudding bun after walking my whippets and tending to the pigeons, and you, you big jessy frightened of a little polar bear....sheesh!

JohnA said:
you big jessy frightened of a little polar bear....sheesh!

Not at all.....

129_2960.jpg

Giant guitars, part of a range Tokai made for the export market in the early 80s, the ST1000s. Haven't you heard of them? :eek:

:lol:

Not the ones with the Wet-X pickups that are worth ?1000000!! finished in nitropoly with the hidden serial number, and the stamps in Martian!! Wow you have some of those :wink:

When I was growing up in Brighton I experienced school lunches for about 2 years (do they still have them?) and I experienced the B&B in various places around England from Portsmouth to Liverpool.
In Australia it's more like America with Motels etc and not many B&Bs.

You know my 2 favorite cities in the World are Sydney and London (haven't been to Japan yet). They also have a large proliferation of pubs in both cities...

Yes we do, but largely bereft of live music, unfortunately. :( I have a romantic vision of there being a bar full of genuine live music on every street corner in Austin. I hope I'm not too dissappointed when I eventually get there. :eek:

I'll leave John to explain "Jessy", since it's his (very Northern) insult. Suffice it to say that he's called me a "big girl" and various other names (because I don't like Marshall 4x12 cabs.....), but he's the wimp who uses light gauge rubber bands for strings. :lol:

stratman323 said:
Yes we do, but largely bereft of live music, unfortunately. :( I have a romantic vision of there being a bar full of genuine live music on every street corner in Austin. I hope I'm not too dissappointed when I eventually get there. :eek:

I'll leave John to explain "Jessy", since it's his (very Northern) insult. Suffice it to say that he's called me a "big girl" and various other names (because I don't like Marshall 4x12 cabs.....), but he's the wimp who uses light gauge rubber bands for strings. :lol:

UK - Jessy, USA Wus

Just restrung my LP jnr with 10-52's they feel great, I might even try them on my Strat!

And I'm sure it's a well established fact that 'real men' play Marshalls :wink:

Latest posts

Back