My Goldstar, but which one?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as far as i know, that's correct, only on the neck plate, but you know someone's going to come back that theirs has it also under the neck heel.
:lol:

hi
the only tokai i have seen with the serial number on the neck is the very early ones from 1978 ,,,,, with the narrow neckplate ,,, the later models from 1978 has the number on the neck plate ,,, so i dont belive we will see a goldstar sound with a serial number other place than on the neck plate
but who know :D :D :D :D
all the best
otto

Hi thanks for the info - all very interesting, and I guess the conclusion to drw is that it looks like an original Goldstar from around the mid-80s, with some leeway either way... I'm not entirely sold on the idea that Tokai wuld have put left-over parts on new models just to use up the stock - it seems like a very un-Japanese approach! I mean why go to the trouble of getting the thing to look, play and sound so right, and then put inconsistent bits and pieces on like string trees and stamped neckplates? It's a mystery, and 30-odd years on, we'll probably NEVER KNOW... unless someone unearths a full set of catalogues that we never knew existed.

What I do know is that it's a top instrument which gets a regular workout (thrashing) on Saturday nights. Matron.

Thanks again

Steve

hi
tokai went bankrup in 1985 ,,,, so i think they just used what ever they had in stock to make extra money .... i dont think the japanese workers are bad ,,, but there boss was trying to make money to save the company ,,,,
:D :D
all the best
otto

Back