My first Love Rock and Gibson rant!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TokaiNewB

Reaction score
Hello All I have been browsing these forums for a month now,And found the Info greatly usefull.I recently baught my first MIK Love Rock from JSD in canada and I must say I was amazed at the fit and finish of this guitar.It is a black cherry flame top and looks awesome and is built like a tank.the mahogony body looks great and the flame top looks terrific.JSD was great and took care of me well I Highly recommend him he is a great guy to deal with.If the japanese one are truely that much better I cant wait to get my hand on one!!!! The only things I am thinking of changing on it is the pickups and maybe put a set of sperzals on it.

I also went to two Guitar centers today to look at real les pauls I had a standard about seven years ago but wanted to refresh my memory.The Standards and Customs and Supremes they had looked Great From ten feet away!!! On closer inpection the finish on the headstocks and inlays and bindings on the 6 or seven that I looked at was horrible It almost made me ashamed to be an american I dont know what Gibsons problem is they keep raising prices and turn out sub par instruments.I found A major finish flaw in everyone I looked at except for the $7000.00 '59 reissue The guy kept saying he would give me a good deal on all the ones with flaws I found I told him I wouldnt pay $300 bUCKS MUCH LESS $3000 FOR ANY OF THESE IF THIS IS THE QUALITY GIBSON IS PUTTING OUT!!!.I think Gibson is Scared of the tokais beit Korean or Japanese cause the know that they are built better at a fraction of the price.

sorry for the rant

Congrats! I would like to try a MIK Love Rock as well, because I want to replace an MIJ Love Rock as it is getting too old to get beaten up on stage!
Unfortunatley there's no source for MIK Tokais here in Germany. Already contacted guitar_sales on Ebay as they offer worldwide shipment in their auctions but never got a reply to my questions.
So I am still looking for alternatives.

The Guy at Guitar sales , Vince I think-- really sucks at returning emails. (and I bought 2 guitars from him!!!) you need to write him with something like - where do I send the money ?

Agreed, Guitar Sales never did reply to my email. Email JSD (he has banner ads on this site). He responds to emails promptly and takes the time to field any and all questions you have.

Jim

Hey guys...thanks for those hints. But since yesterday the situation changed a bit. I will have to wait a little time before I buy my next guitar, because yesterday a dream came through!
I bought an old Yamaha SG 2000 in an unbelievable condition...absolutely mint!!! I would say 9,5 - 9,8 out of 10! I even found the original manual and the original soft cloth with a Yamaha printing on it in the original hard shell case! :D It was the guy's first real guitar and he bought it back in 1981. Prices on Ebay and here in Germany are extraordinarily high, but I was lucky and got it for ? 700,-! :lol:
Played that beautiful old lady the whole evening and couldn't leave her alone...that lady really sings! Sweet! :p
As soon as I need a korean Love Rock I will try and send a mail to JSD.

Cheers
RedFish

Latest posts

Back