MIC es60 your opinions please

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meefly

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking at buying an es60 or epiphone dot.

Given where I'm posting this I'd understand most people would opt for the Tokai and so would I normally but I've heard the new MIC models aren't in keeping with the generally v. good MIJ and MIK models. Does anybody have any first hand knowledge of this?

The tokai a friend has checked out and said is O.K but that the fretboard looked incredibly dry.
The epiphone dot I've picked up and played and seemed nice (but I'm no expert) but wasn't amped up.

Would really appreciate opinions guys, I know there are some very clued up ppl on here,

Thanks!

Never played an epi, but I did get a MIC ES60 for my nephew from TOGPS(forum member and Tokai dealer) and I have to say I was pretty impressed with it. I couldn't find a finish flaw on it. Pickups weren't great, but I swapped them out for some decent ones and it played very well.
The fretboard wasn't a stunning rosewood, but it was OK.
My nephew is still happily using it.

I've got a MIK ES60 that is absolutely brilliant.

Original pickups were nothing to write home about but I swapped them out for a set of Seymour Duncan Seth lovers and have never looked back.

Can go from sweet and mellow all the way to rocky overdrive.

So you're getting the picture here yes?
Guitar is decent...pickups suck.
I have a MiC SG45 and the same stands for that...looks brilliant but waiting for replacement pickups.

Back