LS150 differences - serial/back/stamp - enlighten me

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coolguy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've recently bought another LS150 in HDC from fellow forum member Marco here and I can't help notice some finish details between this one and mine.

1. One my Violin Finish one, the serial number is etched in deeply (a blind person could read the braille sort to speak :p) - while the serial on HDC one is barely visible/etched in very shallow.

2. The back/neck color on my Violin Finish Tokai seems to be quite a bit darker than the other one.

3. The MIJ stamp on the back of my VF guitar is a tad fuzzy while the stamp on the other guitar is clean (no 'ink blotting')

Just wanted to know if other people also have these variations between their Tokai guitar. :)

/EDIT:

This is how my VF guitar serial looks like:
TOKLS150-VF102431310.jpg

On the DHC guitar, it's very hard to read the serial number.

/EDIT:

maybe it's normal because this is the serial of a HDC LS380, also very superficial

TOKLS380-HDC12.jpg

I think it's just the depth of the stamp into the headstock (they're not etched). Some are deep, some aren't - I've even seen them with the first few numbers on the left being shallow while the rest are deeper. Could also have to do with the hardness of the mahogany.

As for the finish color, no two are going to be exactly the same. Again, may also have something to do with the natural wood color - some are darker than others, different grain patterns (some grains are a bit more reflective than others)

My LS150:

025.jpg

Latest posts

Back