LS1000 30th anniversary or LS150?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andi-o

Reaction score
Hi,

when I look at those pictures this guitar looks almost exactly like my new
LS150 (colour, wood, although I can't see the shape of the headstock) :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-LS1000-...861179QQihZ017QQcategoryZ112670QQcmdZViewItem

.... is it possible that these guitars are those LS150 everybody is desperately
waiting for in the UK? Just "upgraded" with a 30th stamp at the 12 fret and
including a (really nice) case, (maybe to raise the price a bit )...

What would have been the price for a new LS150 in the UK?

Just a thought...

Andi

Here's one from Musicground

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOKAI-30th-ANNIVERSARY-LOVE-ROCK-GUITAR-1977-2007_W0QQitemZ160012334748QQihZ006QQcategoryZ112670QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

andi-o said:
Hi,

What would have been the price for a new LS150 in the UK?

I guess an LS150 with quality case is worth about ?900.00. And what does this do for the 'Model number=Price' system?

As far as we know these are most definitely separate from the LS150s that Coda and the like have coming in. Although, they might be in a better position to confirm this.

The photos are an example only btw on the ebay pages to show colour and style. Obvisouly, none have been built yet so no-one has any actual pictures. We are trying to get some sent over of the first couple of guitars but will have to see whether this comes off or not.

As far as we know, the guitars will feature a different headstock from the Gibson open book style - we are waiting confirmation however. As soon as I know anything different, i'll be on here to let you know.

Hope that is ok?.

Agree with the number system - i would have preferred these to be called the LS150-L or something like that for limited, LS1000 implies something better than an LS320?

If i had my way i'd "fix" the numbers so they don't change every year, and if they change any specs, it is simply a NEW LS150. A Fender American Strat has pretty much always been called this (long enough anyway) if they upgrade the switching system (S1 for eg) then they just ammend the specs and issue press release. I can't help but feel that is causes a bit of confusion out there for customers. I'd be quite interested in your views on this actually.....maybe another thread?

Cheers and all the best

guitarslinger said:
As far as we know, the guitars will feature a different headstock from the Gibson open book style - we are waiting confirmation however.

well... sounds a little bit vague, doesn't it? as far as I am concerned, I would like to know these details before I place an order!?

Guitarslinger, Is there a particular reason why you are only offering the LS1000 on Ebay and not on your website?

jawilluk said:
Guitarslinger, Is there a particular reason why you are only offering the LS1000 on Ebay and not on your website?

No, other than the fact i'm building a new web site and haven't been keeping the site as up to date...it will be replaced in the coming month or so by the new site. I'm builiding a database driven site that will integrate with our accounts systems/stock/Customer Management etc etc so it is a fair project and is taking up my time.

EBay is the place to check out the latest stuff. We will aim to have all the main lines on the web site, and all the interesting stuff that doesn't come into the UK in vast qty will probably just be banged up on EBay otherwise i'd be literally changing colours, adding/ammending all the time. With the new site, this will be easier to do, but with the static html site at present it's a nightmare.....looks nice but needs to go!!

That's the only reason mate - hope ok. Good to know that you're taking a look at our stuff......it took me ages to finally get the site looking the way i wanted it and is nice to know that there are real people out there looking it over. :wink:

Latest posts

Back