Love Rock LS80 maybe no serial MIJ

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virtualmitch101

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Love Rock, possibly an LS80, but not sure. There is no serial number anywhere outside or inside. It is definitely MIJ.
I would like to know if anyone can ID the model and possibly tell me where to find the serial number.

PIX:
http://imgur.com/a/bBhln

It looks like it could be one of those made for Canada models we had here for a year or so... strange horn and different placement for the knobs. I'm afraid i'm not enough of an expert to say. Its a LC something though as it's supposed to be like a Custom even though it has a rosewood board. Are you from Canuckastan by chance ??

brokentoes said:
... Its a LC something though as it's supposed to be like a Custom even though it has a rosewood board. Are you from Canuckastan by chance ??

Not from Canuckastan. From New England region.

It was listed as an LSxx on Ebay around 2003 from a guitar shop in Kansas City. I paid under $800 for it then and just want to sell/trade it now, but have no idea of its real value.

Shape suggests it's a ULS or ULC model. Japanese-made and the same spec as the LS/LC models but with a shape and control placement that wouldn't offend the big G.

In terms of value they would have sold new for about the same as an LS/LC but on the used market they don't command high prices because the more accurate models are generally easier to get hold of now.

Back