Looking for Drop-In replacement tuners for a Tokai Goldstar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gravmy0

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a tokai goldstar stratocaster. I bought it a couple months ago and it's a great guitar. According to the seller it's from 1984 with the after lawsuit era headstock.

Serial number reads: 208747 on the neck backplate, it says "12-11" on the neck above the truss rodd area on the bridge side and in the electronic cavity it says "1211YSO".

Problem is I've broken a tuner on the low E side.

Can anyone recommend new tuners that I can drop in without having to drill new screws or mess with the hole. Preferably something of higher quality (they weren't that great in my opinion) and in nickel.

existing measurements are approximately 9 mm holes for bushing, the tuner shaft is approximately 6 mm and the distance between the center of one tuner hole to the next one is approximately 15/16 of an inch.

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!

a few pictures from before I broke the tuner

3238991933_a6939cdeb0.jpg

3247015486_d830cb8953.jpg

3238993057_b092e70251.jpg

3239824794_78e170b1f9.jpg

Cheers!

As far as I know, those original tuners can't be upgraded without leaving redundant screw holes.

I've been looking for some similar tuners for an old Hondo II and these seeem to be the only ones available. They are imported by John Hornby Skewes and they are branded Guitar Tech GT424. The screw hole pitch is very slightly out so you would have to make just one pilot hole for each tuner, but none of the redundant holes will show.

http://www.playrecord.net/guitar-ac...-mini-oval-button--6inline-chrome.p28627.html

Latest posts

Back