Just learned it's a 1980 LS-60 Help ID'ing Reborn Old Model

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vektor67

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying my first Tokai and a guy has this one locally for $900.00 US. I have no way of knowing if it's an LS-50-60 or what. I wish I had better photo's or could give you some of the numbers. But just off the top if anyone could venture a guess, I'd sure appreciate it. Oh and is 900.00 a fair price? I'm inclined to go for it but I'd really like to know more about the Reborn Old's before I do. Thanks
p767605552-4.jpg

p1034089280-4.jpg

p665833289-4.jpg

p945526109-4.jpg

I'll try to get better quality pictures, but the guy won't be back until March, which is actually kind of a blessing as I've had a bad case of GAS lately and am more than a little broke having just bought an '87 AM STD Strat and a 1930 Washburn Parlor. I always though I'd get a Tokai or Greco Strat Copy first.
I had a crappy Encore LP Copy of the same color as this for my first guitar, so this will be a nice way to come full circle, assuming it turns out to be as nice as I've read they are, I've never actually handled one yet. Thanks again

Does it have a number stamped on the last fret (50, 60, etc)? Price seems fine - particularly if it is all original and complete with the case.

Vektor67 said:
I'm inclined to go for it but I'd really like to know more about the Reborn Old's before I do.

..............the guy won't be back until March, which is actually kind of a blessing as I've had a bad case of GAS lately and am more than a little broke having just bought an '87 AM STD Strat and a 1930 Washburn Parlor

Well that's great - it gives you 2 months to read many of the older threads about the Reborns - just use the search button, & you'll find everything you want to know on here somewhere.

8)

You'll be an expert by the time the seller returns.

Mike

Thanks for the replies. I won't be able to look at it more closely for awhile but will check the numbers, and I have a will continue to use the search function. I spent a good hour and a half searching and reading before asking
but still wasn't 100% about the exact model. I promptly figured it out about a minute after posting. With any luck I will become better versed in the Japanese Guitars. While some American Manufacturers have begun to turn it around I'm convinced Japan was making a better guitar for quite awhile there. This guy said he'll give me first crack at it in March as no one else responded to his ad, I'm pretty happy about that.

I just acquired a 1980 Reborn LS-50 and I am finding it to be just awesome.
The fit and finish is terrific, the neck feels great and the stock pickups sound wonderful.

was there a love rock and a reborn in 1980 ? is the model stamped on the last fret on the old tokai love rock ?

I have seen an ls-50 from 1980 but it says love rock not reborn you see

Back