Japanese translation needed. Any help appreciated!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanC

Reaction score
The google translation is getting snagged on some of this, looking for a translation from someone who can read and speak Japanese.

■全体的には細かな擦り傷程度で美品ですがネック裏の700シール下に斜めに2Cm位の細いクラックがあります。
塗装部分のみのヒビと思われますが断定出来ません。
写真でご確認下さい。
ネック折れのつながるような深刻な傷ではありません。
他は欠品、改造、変更無くフルオリジナルです。

Thanks for any help!!! :D :D :D

8) who else does it here ryanC??

"its a good condition item overall only with tiny scratches. there is a thin crack about 2cm long under the "700" sticker behind the neck. we guess its only on the finish but cant be sure about. please make sure about it by yourself, by the pics. its not any serious damage that could lead to the neck breakage. all the rests are full original without missing any original parts, modification, changed parts...."

now what gtr r u talking about ryanC??

:D

Thanks so much Joe. I really appreciate it.

As for the guitar, it's a 335 copy I'm trying to decide if I want to purchase.

Thanks again Joe!!! :D :D :D

Joe,

I wish I had kept the original Japanese text from the Yahoo Japan advert for my TE120. All I can find is the translation I got, which was:

Thank you for your visit. ● known, JAPANBINTEJI age 80, Tokai Tele Caster Custom model. ● ABARONINREI decorated with a gorgeous body binding piece. This suggests a power that is at the time Japan won the coveted gem in the buff. ● very good condition, scratches and marks throughout目DATSU shot with most of the time as MINT ~ EXCELLENT condition. ● modification (improvement) in some point, the pickup Lindy Fralin, a circuit CTS, SWICH CRAFT USA and made a bridge-based FenderUSA 1970s vintage parts, to peg the exchange Fukkokuban KlusonDeluxe1 line. Clay dots are replaced with a maniac on the position of the fingerboard and Rose. A riff or maybe even the body and is a natural tan to feel good vintage. Head logo is a joke F 相応SHIKU to put a sticker with the model's SUPAROGO "CastomTelecaster" is. That almost the only mark a change in HAMUBAKKINGU Once the front pickup, there are amateur ZAGURI processing (and usually hidden in the pick guard, but I can not see). To be vintage, metal parts may rust and KUSUMI. ● ships at forward Yamato cap wrapped in a cardboard box in the case air soft in recent years, no claim no return please. ● It is your very rude, including the evaluation of a new digit is that we will remove the bid. Please understand. ● So, I宜SHIKU also MOUSHIAGEMASU

As you can imagine, it was a bit of a gamble buying based on that - I was lucky!

8) heres a better one and now you can compare two.....so your shopping was all correct mike? or not exactly?

"thank you for your visit on our web store. its the 1980 tokai telecaster model known as the japan vintage today. it is decorated with the gorgeous body bindings with abalone in them. this tells us today that in those days japan already had very rare items by the strong economic power. its very good condition although there are scratches. its mosty in the condition of "mint ~ excellent". there are some modifications like the Lindy Fralin PUs. the cuicuit has CTS pots and switchcraft USA switch. the bridge kit is made from the original 70s Fender USA parts. the tuners are the Kluson Deluxe reissue with single ring. the cray dots were replaced with maniac ones on the rosewood fretboard. its maybe refinished and the color is natural tan that feels vintage. the logo is a fake/joke Fender spagetti logo with "Custom Telecaster". the gtr had the humbucker once for the front PU position and this was done by amature not pro. its routing is under the pickguard so we cant see it ofcourse. its becoming vintage now so the parts are rust and tarnished. it will be shipped by Yamato, with the newer soft case in the box. no clain no return please. we would like to tell you that we will remove bad bidders and including new bidders w/o good history yet from the auction. please understand this. regards."

8) something like this must be the japanese original......suprised now mike?

Wow, that's impressive. :eek: Thanks Joe. :p I have no idea how you worked that out from the bad translation, but it all makes sense, except for this bit:

the cray dots were replaced with maniac ones on the rosewood fretboard

It's the maniac bit I could never work out - could that be a mangled translation of pearloid? The strange thing about the guitar is that it has clay dots, but I've never seen dots like this on another Tokai neck. But maniac?

IMG_1972.jpg

Maniac couldn't be anything to do with that "Arabesque" binding you found for me in an old catalogue, could it?

8) 8) 8)

8) ok mike, your mystery. "maniac" they meant there is "more tasty" or "more authentic" or .......i will do the same line here one more time with better words.......

what they said there originally was like my line today......" the cray dots were replaced with maniac ones on the rosewood fretboard." but if i correct this line very clear to you guys then its som like.....

"We replaced the original tokai perloid dots with more authentic quality cray dots. on the rosewood fingerboard......"

its clear now you know it! which model u believe your tele is now mike?
the early 80s alabesque one or the late 80s TL60 or something? anyways still very too cool either one..... 8)

mania.....

: a person characterized by an inordinate or ungovernable enthusiasm for something

maniac........ex) mike has a maniac shxt of johnA.......

mike's maniac hate for gary moore.......

maniac ones.......the ones which the manias care so much with the way they do.....

8)

Could maniac refer to Crews Maniac? It seems to me that Crews Maniac make their own clones and original guitars, and they also customise existing guitars, so they may have parts as well?

Here's another translator that I use:
http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html

Usually, between Google and this one you can get a pretty good idea of what the meaning is, but it didn't really do much good with Ryan's text, no where near as good as Sushi Guy!

Translation:
* Entirely finely it is the beauty item in the abrasion, but there is a crack whose 2Cm rank is thin slantedly below 700 sealing of the neck reverse side.
Is thought as the crack only of the paint part, but it cannot conclude.
Verification with the photograph.
It is not the serious kind of scar where the neck breaking is connected.
As for other things the defect item, there is no remodelling and modifying and it is full original.

JVsearch said:
Could maniac refer to Crews Maniac? It seems to me that Crews Maniac make their own clones and original guitars, and they also customise existing guitars, so they may have parts as well?

not in the mikes teles dot marker case........
"Crews Maniac" is the small team of the gtr builders in tokyo who are all maniac crew! i guess they make D'Angelico Japan and more......
very high quality.......

8)

JVsearch said:
Here's another translator that I use:
http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html

Usually, between Google and this one you can get a pretty good idea of what the meaning is, but it didn't really do much good with Ryan's text, no where near as good as Sushi Guy!

Translation:
* Entirely finely it is the beauty item in the abrasion, but there is a crack whose 2Cm rank is thin slantedly below 700 sealing of the neck reverse side.
Is thought as the crack only of the paint part, but it cannot conclude.
Verification with the photograph.
It is not the serious kind of scar where the neck breaking is connected.
As for other things the defect item, there is no remodelling and modifying and it is full original.

the handmade feels much better than the machine-made huh...... 8)

Mick51 said:
Joe, that is just amazing! Great facility with clarifying the translation.

thanks mick51, glad i had graduated from the community college in CA!!!!

8)

SUSHI GUY said:
"We replaced the original tokai perloid dots with more authentic quality cray dots. on the rosewood fingerboard......"

the early 80s alabesque one or the late 80s TL60 or something? anyways still very too cool either one..... 8)

Ah, I see! :p Authentic? Yeah I guess that makes sense. Great stuff. :D

Well it's still not 100% clear what it is, but since you translated it as 1980, I guess it's most likely to be an early 1980s TE120. We'll probably never know for sure, but it's nice to have a more accurate translation of what the seller was saying.

Thanks. 8)

SUSHI GUY said:
Mick51 said:
Joe, that is just amazing! Great facility with clarifying the translation.

thanks mick51, glad i had graduated from the community college in CA!!!!

8)

It's one thing to be able to speak a foreign language, but lots of people can do that. It's another thing to have a good grasp of "street" language - not just the formal stuff they teach you in classrooms. But to be able to re-translate a mangled original translation of complicated technical stuff is very impressive.

Nice one Joe. :p

stratman323 said:
SUSHI GUY said:

Ah, I see! :p Authentic? Yeah I guess that makes sense. Great stuff. :D

Well it's still not 100% clear what it is, but since you translated it as 1980, I guess it's most likely to be an early 1980s TE120. We'll probably never know for sure, but it's nice to have a more accurate translation of what the seller was saying.

Thanks. 8)

when and how much did you buy that gtr mikeman???

8)

SUSHI GUY said:
when and how much did you buy that gtr mikeman???

8)

I got it in May from Yahoo Japan for 50,000 yen, which I thought was quite a good price. I think the ugly rout for the neck pickup put some buyers off, & it definitely made it less valuable.

freddiekinta-img600x450-1240639767k.jpg

It doesn't bother me, in fact I might try fitting a P90 at some point, & all it will cost me is the price of a new scratchplate.

I knew I had made the right decision when villager said "How did I miss that?" Mark has a good eye for a top-end guitar, & if he would have been interested, I know I got something good.

I must change the Fender bridge for one of the Tokai 6 saddle bridges one day, they're such comfortable bridges to play compared to the old Fender vintage type.

Back