Is this forum dying or dead?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem for me is.

When a guest arrives at this site, and Im the person who sent him here, and the first thread title he sees is, "Is this forum dead or dying"...and then has to read garbage about whether Tokai actually makes their guitars in a factory in Japan or not...chances are I lose a sale of a guitar.

And the guy who starts the thread doesn't even post in his own thread, he just blabbers his mouth, talks nonsense, edits his first post, and then disappears.

:(

That's true and serious actually Mr.Diamond.....Especially when you are just about to start the official Tokai distributer in South Africa now......
You really don't want No trouble whatsoever so far and it's totally understandable. right now the first dozen or so of the gtrs coming to you from Tokai, correct? Must have been a lot of money! Ok so I help you here. That guy named Rup knows about the Tokai gtr well but too many times he is wrong and non-sense. The MIJ Tokai gtrs are only assembled in Japan is totally his BS and absolutely NOT true here in Japan. Tokai is doing good lately again and the quality is sure still much better than others. nobody believes rup's BS here in Japan. I be very scared to say that kind of BS to anyone here in the japanese gtr business. Tokai is made in Japan since 1947 and they care the quality before the quantity. Sure there are the chinese and korean made oines but they are the lower price range models only. the official and good and that's true too......Anyways don't worry. Tokai is doing great now and they still make the proud made in Japan stuff good! :wink:

Diamond said:
The problem for me is.

When a guest arrives at this site, and Im the person who sent him here, and the first thread title he sees is, "Is this forum dead or dying"...and then has to read garbage about whether Tokai actually makes their guitars in a factory in Japan or not...chances are I lose a sale of a guitar.

And the guy who starts the thread doesn't even post in his own thread, he just blabbers his mouth, talks nonsense, edits his first post, and then disappears.

The reason he probably asked the original question is because a lot the Forum's threads seem to have gotten that way in the last year or so.

Innadaze said:
Diamond said:
The problem for me is.

The reason he probably asked the original question is because a lot the Forum's threads seem to have gotten that way in the last year or so.

That's because not enough "hype" is created about Tokai guitars, and we're the guys who have to create the hype because that's what they deserve, and no one else is going to do it except us.
If they were allowed to be sold in the USA they would be the most highly rated guitar on the internet.

I'm searching for Tokai posters, in fact any advertising material, promotional items, anything, but nothing exists...and I need the stuff urgently.

Diamond said:
That's because not enough "hype" is created about Tokai guitars, and we're the guys who have to create the hype because that's what they deserve, and no one else is going to do it except us.

I don't want any more "hype" to be created about Tokai - it drives prices up.

I think I might start telling new forum members that Tokais are crap! Then I can go back to buying Goldstars for ?200 each......

Which is partly why I posted my question some time ago in another thread...
This forum doesn?t need more hype, this forum needs less guys who are either too concerned about getting their vintage babies for free or too occupied getting more than their fair share of the sushi, guys !
;)
I have joined a lot of different forums and one thing I have noticed is that when a bunch of old guys team up to protect their petty interrests, the discussions sounds more and more like monologues.

"How about a nice big cup of shut the **** up oldtimers !"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well, it's the old problem of progress versus stability isn't it?
I agree some of the older members may not be open to new suggestions and appear rather set in their ways.
On the other hand, were they to shut up as you suggest an enormous amount of valuable information would be lost and you'd have to invent the wheel all over again.
The problems on this forum lately has been mostly caused by a few contributors who, although they may be very knowledgeable are deliberately provoking and even trollish in their postings. I'm sure many confrontational situations could have been avoided simply by a less provocative attitude from the posters.
I seldom join in those discussions, it's just too pointless and tiresome.

/Magnus

labbi said:
"How about a nice big cup of shut the (*&) up oldtimers !"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I've read plenty of the same from newish posters. And what do you deem as an "oldtimer"?

Real simple.....if you don't care for the content or a particular topic, no one is holding a gun to your head to read it. Certainly you don't formulate your choices and decisions on what everyone says...... take what you need and leave the rest.

marcusnieman said:
Real simple.....if you don't care for the content or a particular topic, no one is holding a gun to your head to read it. Certainly you don't formulate your choices and decisions on what everyone says...... take what you need and leave the rest.

Life isn't quite as simple as that, and if I had a dollar for every time I've heard old "gun to the head" line, well I wouldn't be rich, but I'd have another guitar! You may be an uber rational type person, but at least half the rest of the planet isn't (that's the way it is and it wont change), let people make their comments and refute the facts where necessary.

JVsearch said:
marcusnieman said:

Life isn't quite as simple as that, and if I had a dollar for every time I've heard old "gun to the head" line, well I wouldn't be rich, but I'd have another guitar! You may be an uber rational type person, but at least half the rest of the planet isn't (that's the way it is and it wont change), let people make their comments and refute the facts where necessary.

I'm far from being "uber rational"...... just making a general statement. There's plenty of posts that go three, four or five pages - if it's not my cup of tea or topic, I skip them. That's all I'm saying

"Let people make their comments" ??? I don't recall telling anybody to shut the F up...... I was replying to their comment. What facts were there to refute?

Jeezus.... lighten up.

Last couple post have been lively enough.
IMO This thread ought to die though...
hangslot%20in%20gelid.jpg

CLICK...the sound of a million padlocks... 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back