Is this a fake Tokai!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any problem at all with the possibility that this particular guitar might be a very good one. Where I do have a problem arises from the fact that my personal experience of Tokais has been so good that I was recently prepared to buy one that I'd only seen on eBay. There are very few brands of guitar that I'd be prepared to do that for, if any, and if I was prepared to do it I certainly wouldn't want to pay as much as I did for my Love Rock. Personally I don't think it's very likely that I'd be taken in by a fake, but even in the short time I've been a member here there have been numerous people who have been. As a result, they've almost certainly paid more than they would have done if they'd known the truth, because they also trusted in the Tokai brand. To my mind, the forum is doing exactly the right thing here.

Fakai deflation is good for everyone except the sellers ??and I really don't see how it harms you. If you felt like it, you'd be able to take advantage of the knowledge you've gained about Fakais to buy a cheap guitar for a young relative, or because you wanted one to take on holiday, or whatever.

And if the forum has inflated the value of real Tokais, it has at least provided something in return, by improving the odds that you'll get the real thing.

BlueThird said:
I don't have any problem at all with the possibility that this particular guitar might be a very good one. Where I do have a problem arises from the fact that my personal experience of Tokais has been so good that I was recently prepared to buy one that I'd only seen on eBay. There are very few brands of guitar that I'd be prepared to do that for, if any, and if I was prepared to do it I certainly wouldn't want to pay as much as I did for my Love Rock. Personally I don't think it's very likely that I'd be taken in by a fake, but even in the short time I've been a member here there have been numerous people who have been. As a result, they've almost certainly paid more than they would have done if they'd known the truth, because they also trusted in the Tokai brand. To my mind, the forum is doing exactly the right thing here.

Fakai deflation is good for everyone except the sellers ??and I really don't see how it harms you. If you felt like it, you'd be able to take advantage of the knowledge you've gained about Fakais to buy a cheap guitar for a young relative, or because you wanted one to take on holiday, or whatever.

And if the forum has inflated the value of real Tokais, it has at least provided something in return, by improving the odds that you'll get the real thing.

Didn't I just say that?

Latest posts

Back