How does Your Tokai sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveP.A.F

Reaction score
Since I will for sure buy another Tokai (LP style) it would be nice to have a place where to here how different models sound; to give new buyers an approximate idea what to expect from all the different models that You can find new or used on e-bay, shops or factories... (Reborns, Rebon old, Love Rock, made in China, Korea, Japan, LS48, LS80, LS100, LS150, LC ... )

So, doesn`t matter how good or bad you play, doesn`t matter what music You play, What model You have; just leave a clip and a photo, for others to here what Sound You get out of Your specific Tokai model.

I hope others will follow, `cause I`m very interested to here the differences between various models.

Here is mine:

Tokai Love Rock ALS42 Made in Korea 1995 (set neck, short tennon) all stock

Sound Clip:
https://www.box.com/s/rbd90b4hhaasd8vufk07

ps.
Sorry for my bad English

Thanks dombat, I am very pleased You like it, but my intention was not to introduce myself as a player... rather I wanted to let others here how that specific model sounds.

It is sad that among so many Tokai collectors that there is nobody willing to record a few beats and introduce their instrument... :cry:

Come on... just a few chords if nothing else :wink:

Ok. a quick demo of my 1985 LS50/60 (with Seymour Duncan 59Js) straight into a Traynor YGM-3 amp - installed into a 60's 2x12 Selmer Cab.
No effects except the reverb on the amp.

Guitar for half of the video at @ 6-7 vol - tone full.

Owned the guitar since 1990.

Please excuse the compression artifacts from the mic in the camera.
Click on the pic...

Latest posts

Back